Let's give the Insurance Industry an enema

Bewsher500

Ha good point

Initiate a Parliamentary enquiry into the UK Insurance Industry

The UK Insurance Industry currently operates under policies and practices which are in direct contrast to the interests of its customers.
The practice of involving multiple entities in any single claim or transaction creates unnecessary and often huge costs which are passed on to the policy holders or their insurer. Cases are often settled to avoid these costs inspite of no fault situations.
This is perpetuating insurance fraud and a litigious culture

Don't know if an insurance fraud clamp down is going to be to everybody's taste

A good percentage of repairs we carry out have some kind of fraud attached "ever since the accident "

"It wasn't doing that before"

Bold tyres are the norm these days insurance company's don't care nor do they bother about undisclosed modifications

Obviously this Is a motor insurance problem but this is what I know about

It is within the insurers best interest to persue the undisclosed modification cases! As is the bald tyre issue too! In cases like these, they can nullify your insurance! Therefor, they need not pay out for any claims! And an increase in premium not only for the modifications declared! But for the penalty points on your licence for driving without insurance, and other than in accordance to the licence!

Any modification is to be declared to your insurer! Be it swapping steel wheels for alloys! Changing to flip paint from standard, window tinting, engine modifications "inc tuning, and has flow exhausts" even a tow bar and having LPG fitted!

You would be surprised how many 16 year olds are breaking the law, with their scooters! Having the restrictors removed from the exhaust, and changing the reeds, heads, clutch rollers etc to get a vehicle that is supposed to be restricted to 30mph to go over 50mph! In doing so changing the definition of moped, to motorcycle!

I agree there needs to be something done about the American litigious culture that is springing up in the UK, and the fraudulant claims also! My own insurance company were telling me to put in for whiplash, even though I didn't have the injury? I found that extremely disconcerting to be fair. The Gov are supposed to be putting some kind of cap in place for such claims! Which will supposedly bring premiums down! Then in the next breath hiking insurance taxation? Back in one hand, to be taken out of the other! :lol:

There's a lot of fiddling going on where cars with a minor dink are being written off and the owner paid out small value and then miraculously the car is sold as a cat XX write off and sold on to be repaired and then back on the road again. If it can be repaired then it should be. parts that could be used or repaired are scrapped and the cost goes through the roof. Rip off Britain again. And although there are all of these comparrison sites non of the policies are the same so you cant really compare policies

Thinking logically about it! Your going to tow a trailer that extends the length of your vehicle! Also articulating. Therefor they will deem it a higher risk no doubt! You have a huge blind spot when you have a caravan on too. A caravan being towed loses stability, tips, takes out the tow vehicle and multiple cars on the carriageway. Plenty of scenarios for them to choose from! Just the way it is I am afraid.

Apparently,

Now that I'm unemployed and without any income whatsoever,, and cannot afford to put petrol in the car, let alone drive it anywhere,

I am, (apparently) significantly more of a risk (enough to try and double my premium) than I was when I was using the car to commute to/fro work and sdp use.

Maybe the "cash for crash" claims statistically come from more people who are unemployed ?

Just a guess, although people who are desperate and have 'nothing to lose' EG their job are perhaps more likely to commit crime ?

Just me theorising, maybe I'm wrong before everyone tells me off lol

When asked what my average mileage was when taking insurance out some years back,l said about 2000 mls..I did about 2,400mls the next year,they said my insurance would go up for going over.!!!.

Guess what I told them to do,,its not a damn Kit car,,its a working tool to go where ever I want..

Never got asked when useing it for work,,Cheeky Watsits,,Cannot put the real language..

Maybe the "cash for crash" claims statistically come from more people who are unemployed ?

Just a guess, although people who are desperate and have 'nothing to lose' EG their job are perhaps more likely to commit crime ?

Just me theorising, maybe I'm wrong before everyone tells me off lol

Would hardly be the desperate and unemployed as they couldn't very well claim loss of earnings ???

I maybe desperate and in dire straits (no autographs :P) but far from criminal.

Edited by TaxiDriver

It is within the insurers best interest to persue the undisclosed modification cases! As is the bald tyre issue too! In cases like these, they can nullify your insurance! Therefor, they need not pay out for any claims! And an increase in premium not only for the modifications declared! But for the penalty points on your licence for driving without insurance, and other than in accordance to the licence!

Any modification is to be declared to your insurer! Be it swapping steel wheels for alloys! Changing to flip paint from standard, window tinting, engine modifications "inc tuning, and has flow exhausts" even a tow bar and having LPG fitted!

You would be surprised how many 16 year olds are breaking the law, with their scooters! Having the restrictors removed from the exhaust, and changing the reeds, heads, clutch rollers etc to get a vehicle that is supposed to be restricted to 30mph to go over 50mph! In doing so changing the definition of moped, to motorcycle!

I agree there needs to be something done about the American litigious culture that is springing up in the UK, and the fraudulant claims also! My own insurance company were telling me to put in for whiplash, even though I didn't have the injury? I found that extremely disconcerting to be fair. The Gov are supposed to be putting some kind of cap in place for such claims! Which will supposedly bring premiums down! Then in the next breath hiking insurance taxation? Back in one hand, to be taken out of the other! :lol:

Wow, see your point but did you have a number of exclamation points you had to use before they took them off you?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Would hardly be the desperate and unemployed as they couldn't very well claim loss of earnings ???

I maybe desperate and in dire straits (no autographs :P) but far from criminal.

I wouldnt suggest you were mate but I have a feel that it more likely that someone without much money would put in a 'false claim' than somebody who thought £1-2000 not worth the bother.

More over all claims in that group could mean higher insurance premiums for them.

Just a thought.

You need to justify that statement Lloyd?

IMO, there is honesty and dishonesty at all levels?

The driving factors are perhaps different?

From life experiences, I would observe that some of the ones you think would not bother for £2000 would be more likely to claim as they want all of everything for themselves to the exclusion of others? Maybe?

Edited by old man

I wouldnt suggest you were mate but I have a feel that it more likely that someone without much money would put in a 'false claim' than somebody who thought £1-2000 not worth the bother.

More over all claims in that group could mean higher insurance premiums for them.

Just a thought.

Its not that direct, they profile people using every parameter and use complicated computer models to assess risk. Being divorced puts up your premium, living in rented accommodation puts up your premium.

Rather than putting unemployed put retired and see how much it comes down

You need to justify that statement Lloyd?

IMO, there is honesty and dishonesty at all levels?

The driving factors are perhaps different?

From life experiences, I would observe that some of the ones you think would not bother for £2000 would be more likely to claim as they want all of everything for themselves to the exclusion of others? Maybe?

Was just a perspective from the many years I spent signing people up for accident claims.

There are many genuine people who've been left injured and unable to work due to someone else's negligence.

There are also plenty out to make a fast few ££. I wouldn't sign up someone who I thought was a scammer but plenty other would and you had plenty of them come along.

This is simply looking at that one specific area. Other classes MAY be more open to different 'cons', such as white collar crimes.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/174256

Its now live

get signing and sharing please

Despite not liking insurance companies practices all that much I'm unsure what this petition aims to achieve, it's a bit poorly set out and explained.

Not having a pop just being honest.

Was just a perspective from the many years I spent signing people up for accident claims.

There are many genuine people who've been left injured and unable to work due to someone else's negligence.

There are also plenty out to make a fast few ££. I wouldn't sign up someone who I thought was a scammer but plenty other would and you had plenty of them come along.

This is simply looking at that one specific area. Other classes MAY be more open to different 'cons', such as white collar crimes.

Despite not liking insurance companies practices all that much I'm unsure what this petition aims to achieve, it's a bit poorly set out and explained.

Not having a pop just being honest.

its a fair point and I am beginning to regret the wording. there are so many reasons this needs to happen its hard to put a 5 line petition title together

To put it into perspective and answer the last post

When Parliament and the EU commission conducted an official inquiry into roaming tariffs they hammered the Mobile operators and capped the fees they can charge for you using your mobile on holiday

When Parliament investigated PPI they hammered the banks and spawned an entire industry of ambulance chasers getting your money back

When the FCA and SEC and US and UK governments investigated the fraudulent activities within the derivatives markets they hammered the banks with new rules and regulations effectively killing the practice of creating products you can't possibly pay for if all the derivatives go tits up

The insurance industry is operating without control

policy premiums go up regardless of a claim because they generate huge costs and feed an entire industry of accident management companies, car hire firms that only do insurance work, assessors who only do insurance work etc etc

people who stay loyal are known in the industry as "sticky customers", they get reamed the worst

My 80 year old parents were paying £800 for contents insurance on a £20k limit despite 16yrs of no claims, bacuse the renewals just went through and they never thought to question it. That makes me sick. Robbing pensioners

Cars get written off for no reason just because the quotes for repairs are off the scale

everyone protects their NCD now anyway it has become a joke.

only a parliamentary inquiry can initiate a fill blown treasure select committee investigation and ultimately some regulation change

and yes it will bring premiums down and it will put a lot of underhand and arguably illegal practices out of action