Hellman's v Heinz

SuperGoose75

When Heinz brought out their 'Seriously Good Mayo' advert it actually made me go out and get the ingrediants for a good BLT sandwich' albeit I used Hellman's mayonaise as I felt there was no substitute. Soon after Hellman's hit back with their own very good advertisement. I noticed yesterday Heinz has counter- punched with a new ad so its only a matter of time before Hellman's come back with to try and even up the score with another of their own.

Yesterday at My local convenience store I spied a Jar of the Heinz 'seriously good mayo' and as i was out of hellman's I thought I'd give it a go.i made myself a chicken and tomato toasted Sandwich and although sceptical about the Mayo somehow tasting Salad creamy i was pleasantly surprised and it was very nice. A lovely creamy Mayo.

I still think Hellmans has the edge though as I like the hint of lemon from it but hats of to Heinz for a great product. There is nothing worse if eating out somewhere and if you ask for mayonaise and you get some nasty, cheap foul tasting substitute.

Anyway glad I got that off my chest :yes:

When Heinz brought out their 'Seriously Good Mayo' advert it actually made me go out and get the ingrediants for a good BLT sandwich' albeit I used Hellman's mayonaise as I felt there was no substitute. Soon after Hellman's hit back with their own very good advertisement. I noticed yesterday Heinz has counter- punched with a new ad so its only a matter of time before Hellman's come back with to try and even up the score with another of their own.

Yesterday at My local convenience store I spied a Jar of the Heinz 'seriously good mayo' and as i was out of hellman's I thought I'd give it a go.i made myself a chicken and tomato toasted Sandwich and although sceptical about the Mayo somehow tasting Salad creamy i was pleasantly surprised and it was very nice. A lovely creamy Mayo.

I still think Hellmans has the edge though as I like the hint of lemon from it but hats of to Heinz for a great product. There is nothing worse if eating out somewhere and if you ask for mayonaise and you get some nasty, cheap foul tasting substitute.

Anyway glad I got that off my chest :yes:

Messy eater then, are we? :lol:

Have to agree, it's nice

You should try Aldi's Bramwells mayonnaise, also very good however their salad cream is truly awful

Mayonnaise should be Hellmans/Heinz/Aldi

Salad Cream - Heinz and only Heinz

Ketchup - Heinz

Brown Sauce - HP

(Other products are available)

:shaun:

Have to agree, it's nice

You should try Aldi's Bramwells mayonnaise, also very good however their salad cream is truly awful

Ketchup - Heinz

Brown Sauce - HP

This man knows his stuff :good:

Currently tucking into a cheese and onion sandwich topped with Hellmans. Om nom nom. :cool:

Have to agree, it's nice

Ketchup - Heinz

Brown Sauce - HP

We now use Batts ( lidl ) for ketchup, mayo etc all good stuff, their sweet pickle is better than branstons and they do a great range of other pickles, chutneys and relishes.

Cant do Multi quotes as i always seem to mess them up.!

Wymberley- You were quick with that one.Very good :lol: .

Shaun4860- I have tried Bramwell's English Mustard as my Mother shops in Aldi and have to say it is pretty good. Not far away from the best which is' Of course Colman's.

Ketchup- Although its pretty much Heinz all the time in this house for the Children, I do like Daddies myself and also Tip tree in the summer for barbecue food. i think the glass bottle add's class :)

Brown Sauce- Hp = The King' Nothing I've ever tasted comes close and a fry up without it is just not the same.

Sitsinhedges-I tend to reach for the Salad Cream 'Heinz of course' for the Cheese and onion sandwich.

Just had Ham and Brie in a brown bap with the ham smothered in Colmans mustard.

The jar of Heinz mayo will get a big hole put in it the next time I make homemade Chips.When its finished and a new Jar is required then thats when the real problem will present itself.

Could be iniminiminimo between Hellmans and Heinz :)

ps edited for poor spelling.

Edited by SuperGoose75

Pigeonwatch. Guaranteed to get to the heart of the most important debates of the modern age...

Hellman's all the way - unless it's the Light version which good for neither man nor beast. It's ghastly stuff!

Now I confess to liking the Light version but NOT the extra Light which as you say is no good for man nor beast

I confess I missed the choice of Mustard off which of course has to be Colman's

Have to agree, it's nice

Ketchup - Heinz

Brown Sauce - HP

Spot on assessment of such culinary delights

I Agree with the 'Watch on colemans Mustard.

I'm not convinced by Heinz ketchup these days- ever since the point that the trendys pushed Heinz to remove the preservatives so that it has to be kept in the fridge It simply doesnt taste right and does not have a continuous texture - far prefer Dadies ketchup or even catering ketchup ( providing it hasn't been cut with vinegar )

likewise i prefer Dadies brown sauce to HP!

HP classic is the king of Barbecue Sauce though!

Helmans Mayo (and i prefer the squeezy version for some reason although i couldn't quite say why!), salad cream being something that should only ever be used when making coleslaw!

I don't give a monkey's what it is or who made it,

I only have 2 criteria,

It should stay in the sandwich and not dribble all over my gun or lap while waiting for the next pigeon;

The flavour has to be tasted just once, not repeat until I have to hit the Rennie's

I don't have to worry about brands,price or anything else, that's the wife's job, I just pay for it if there is anything left of the pension after I have bought my cartridges and filled up the 4x4.

:lol::lol:

I can't stand Mayo, really quite annoying when I've spent so much time in the Netherlands (used to run a shipping expo and a lot of clients are in NL), they have so much Mayo with anything - especially chips!!! Burgers are full of the damn stuff too. Yuck

Also, what's with all premade sandwiches needing to be stuffed full of mayo too?!

Edited by Mentalmac

I can't stand Mayo, really quite annoying when I've spent so much time in the Netherlands (used to run a shipping expo and a lot of clients are in NL), they have so much Mayo with anything - especially chips!!! Burgers are full of the damn stuff too. Yuck

Also, what's with all premade sandwiches needing to be stuffed full of mayo too?!

Hmmm Dutch Mayo! With Frites!!!!! :)

Well I did talk myself into it earlier in the day. Sorry fellas who think its naff. Nothing special just an ordinary Midweek Dinner/Tea. Chicken &ham pie with homemade Chips and raw onion which i like with chips and Mayo. Have to say it was 'Seriously Good' :yes:

Tim Kelly-It is still possible to get Daddies in both brown and red :good:

WP_20161201_18_58_32_Pro_zpsusygpv5c.jpg

.....smear it liberally on the bedroom door handle and the kids can't get in!

Sounds like the Billy Conolly Vaseline Salesman sketch :lol:

Talking of which, all quiet on the Vaz front.

Well I did talk myself into it earlier in the day. Sorry fellas who think its naff. Nothing special just an ordinary Midweek Dinner/Tea. Chicken &ham pie with homemade Chips and raw onion which i like with chips and Mayo. Have to say it was 'Seriously Good' :yes:

Tim Kelly-It is still possible to get Daddies in both brown and red :good:

WP_20161201_18_58_32_Pro_zpsusygpv5c.jpg

Nooooooooo!