Did anybody get out today ???

Yorkshire Pudding

Went out on Sat. morn onto an Island rabbit shooting with the ferrets, was my first time at it and really enjoyed it we got 38. Then went to the pub. :huh:

Thats not bad for your first day out ferreting.In what area where you at?Theres no rabbits down my end of the country, well not in them numbers anyway.

Went out saturday with a friend to a local pig farm. We set up two hides 600 yards apart and shot 150 rooks crows and jackdaws exactly. We were there and set up for 7.30am. The farmer came and fed the piggys, soon after the birds started to arrive. I had 50+ birds within a couple of hours. Great I thought If it keeps up like this I will shoot over 200. about 10.30 everything went quiet. However, my friends hide was in a hedge and his shooting picked up as the day went on. I had 76 he had 74.

I'm back out tomorrow on another pig farm. With lots rooks I'll let you know how I get on. :huh:

Guest Mr Pieman

I shot over a field of clover today. Used rook scarers in two neighbouring fields to stop the birds settling and ended up with 161 pigeons, 2 magpies, 7 crows and a Jay! Not bad as I didn't go out until 10 o'clock this morning :lol:

PP

161!! I had what I considered a better day manged to bag 27 pigeon, missed as many again? oh and 1 crow, lovely day mind? warm(honest) sunshine on my moy, and snow under my feet, weird !

cheers K

A.R.P.

Lovely to hear from you again.

Hows things ?

Yes we do live quite near York Guns. As you came back down the A1 , you would have gone by the M62. Neither of us live that far from there.

As regards the snow. It was only a slight covering :lol:

You bloody soft Southerners :D

You should have brought the coat you got at the Game fair :lol: