PPI claims

Archie-fox

As above, most banks/companies have their own process which entails filling in a form. I had 3, 2 just paid up without quibble, the other, ironically by far the least amount, put up a bit of a struggle but a second letter which I got from the Money Saving Expert forum got it in the end. The quickest of mine took 8 weeks, the longest was 6 months.

As above, most banks/companies have their own process which entails filling in a form. I had 3, 2 just paid up without quibble, the other, ironically by far the least amount, put up a bit of a struggle but a second letter which I got from the Money Saving Expert forum got it in the end. The quickest of mine took 8 weeks, the longest was 6 months.

Cheers I've downloaded a form from the internet so I'll just fill it in and send it off to them..im just unsure of the address to post it to, do I send it to customer services with ppi claim on the envelope?

• 2 weeks later...

On top of all our current problems I found out tonight that my wife has gotten involved with 'The Claims Guys' and has been doing it all behind my back,

She's had a letter from TSB bank where she had 2 accounts or an account and a loan, saying they've awarded her £7062.46 which they will either credit to her account (she no longer has a TSB account) or send her a cheque within 28 days.

I maybe cynical, but can it be as easy as that ??? Surely if 'The claims guys' have acted on her behalf they'll have written to and would send any refund to them, They then deduct their God knows what percentage before finally weighing her out ???

I would have thought that seeing as the money is hers they have to send it to her and they then bill her for their cut?

:shaun:

We have insufficient information to take a definitive view and so it depends on the circumstances.

If the lady has signed an agreement which assigns the payment in the first instance to the claims Company then they can ask for the payment to be sent to them because that is what she has agreed. If she has not assigned the payment then the money should be paid direct to her.

As to any commission which may or may not be due to the claims company, again, it depends. If it compiled and presented the claim on her behalf then it would argue rightly that they should be paid for their work. As to the level of commission, again, it depends on whether they are able to demonstrate that this was clearly explained to her and she agreed to it by having signed an agreement or having ticked an on-line box agreeing to their terms and conditions. If neither of the latter exist then she avoid making any payment.

On top of all our current problems I found out tonight that my wife has gotten involved with 'The Claims Guys' and has been doing it all behind my back,

She's had a letter from TSB bank where she had 2 accounts or an account and a loan, saying they've awarded her £7062.46 which they will either credit to her account (she no longer has a TSB account) or send her a cheque within 28 days.

I maybe cynical, but can it be as easy as that ??? Surely if 'The claims guys' have acted on her behalf they'll have written to and would send any refund to them, They then deduct their God knows what percentage before finally weighing her out ???

They award you the cash then bill you 30% plus vat..you have 28 days to pay them..I've got 2 claims going thru at the moment but I've done it myself I've not used a third party and it seems easy enough.

they take 20%

'The Claims Guys' take 30% plus vat

Wife has had a letter from them saying that Lloyds TSB have awarded her xxxx amount in relation to loan xxxxxxxxxxx and that she is due to receive her money (directly from Lloyds) shortly.

Therefore their fees of 30% plus VAT are now due and should be paid immediately.

It looks like they've recovered monies from 3 different TSB/Lloyds TSB loans/accounts totalling approx £8k subject to their 30% +vat fees of course.

Shan't be running the flags up until we get the cheque(s) from TSB/Lloyds TSB

Errr your wife did it with her eyes open and agreed their terms. It's how they run their business.

Finding out after the event that you could have done it yourself for nothing is not a defence to their claim.

I don't think anywhere that I've said it was ???

As for fully eyes open, I don't she fully understood the process or the finer workings, As for doing it herself, I doubt very much she'd have had the confidence or understanding even with downloadable forms off the internet.

Even less their fees, it's a nice little turn up if it comes to fruition :good:

i haven't read all the reply's just a word of caution that to look into it if you have ever had debt written off they may use this money and you could owe more... most people i know who have claimed have got good payback though i just didnt follow it through as I think i once had debt written off.

Damn people phoned today over ppi..

Misses told them to go fly a kite,,Why would you want to SHARE Your returns with them anyway..

As they say on the TV,,its your money..

just put form into bank,,they will do the rest,and, Will not charge a penny..

PS:: They will be after your hrad saved pensions next,,in fact they are,Big NO NO there..

Received two cheques this AM,

All :good: or so we thought :no:

Cobbled together the bus fare into town only to be turned away at the bank as the cheques are in joint names and have to go into joint account. We each have sole named accounts only.

Have this afternoon spoken to the banks Ppi dept and explained situation and they're going to reissue a cheque in wife's sole name but it will be after the holiday period (which is to be expected as even computers need a rest :) )

Edited by TaxiDriver

Not so bad then TD.

I had an appointment with the bank the other day and the gentleman informed me I may have had PPI on my old credit card before the Lloyds / TSB bank split.

I went on their own website and filled out a few details and they are looking into it! I'm not sure if I'd even get anything I only had a credit card with them, but hey anything is a bonus 👍🏻

Received two cheques this AM,

All :good: or so we thought :no:

Cobbled together the bus fare into town only to be turned away at the bank as the cheques are in joint names and have to go into joint account. We each have sole named accounts only.

You could use the chequers to open a joint account

:shaun: