Goose Shooting Scotland

ollie

Myself & a couple of mates travelled to Aberdeenshire in Scotland at the end of November 2016 for a spot of goose & duck shooting.

On the first morning the weather didn't really play ball & with no wind it proved very difficult to get the geese into range. This wasn't helped half way through the flight when the Farmer in the neighbouring field started ploughing. We ended up with 5 pinkfoot & 2 greylag geese.

The evening was much better; we were positioned around a small pond & in the next hour or so we shot 23 teal & 21 mallard.

The second morning on the geese was much the same, no wind & more frustration with all the birds being drawn to another stubble a mile or so away. Anyway, we made the most of our couple of opportunities & bagged 9 pinkfoot geese.

The evening was another successful one on the ducks with 15 mallard bagged, although 2 of them were lost.

A great trip all in all and I'm sure we will be back in the future. We came back with plenty of meat for the table between us.

Thanks for watching

Nice video Ollie shame about the pink foot not playing ball although you did get a few. Me and my son and his mate Lee went to Montrose in october and we hammered them.

Didn't do the ducks we have our own flight line but you did very well.

We have our own flight aswell but I'm glad we did do the ducks. I'm just glad we didn't blank on the geese & we all shot a couple.

That looked like a very good trip, with some fine eating at the end of it, the sausages looked especially appetising. :good:

Now go and find some woodcock.

Haven't had much time to get out at the woodcock this year, only been out once, my 2 year old has been taking up most of my time.

Great trip Ollie. Pity the geese didn't fully play ball but those sound like 2 great duck flights. I like the look of those sausages.I haven't been over to the geese for nearly 15 years.

If you are ever up round glengormley direction let me know & you can take some of the sausages.

Some good flights, Ollie, but I must admit I'm not a huge fan of that kind of shooting.

Fair enough motty, we don't have any opportunity to shoot geese where I'm based in Ireland, so these were the first geese we had shot for 3 of us.

I live in Aberdeenshire and see hundreds of geese every day when they are over here but iv never shot one yet! Plenty feed on our ground but never been much good at decoying them. Day off tomorrow though so you have made me think off giving it a go!

Looks like great fun and glad to see them getting used! Duck flights must have been cracking sport!

Well done Ollie good on you and your mates for making the effort, it obovsly paid off good shooting and happy times.

Thanks mate, it was a memorable trip not just for the shooting but for the craic also.

For anyone who has never shot geese before, this would make for exciting shooting.

It was exciting!!! Layout blinds are hard to get used to, never shot from my backside before.

I live in Aberdeenshire and see hundreds of geese every day when they are over here but iv never shot one yet! Plenty feed on our ground but never been much good at decoying them. Day off tomorrow though so you have made me think off giving it a go!

Looks like great fun and glad to see them getting used! Duck flights must have been cracking sport!

I wouldn't shoot them if they weren't going to be used. It's a lovely part of the country, some great looking places to shoot.