Shoot day fines

Iaindp

Hi all,

Next week is our Crimbo shoot and in keeping with the time for giving etc, we're going to be raising funds for a local hospice.

There will be the normal charge for wearing silly hats, double if you don't etc but I'm also

thinking that we should have a set of rules for beaters (guns will fine them if they see any beater breaking them) and a set of rules for guns (beaters will fine the guns if they catch them breaking their rules).

I've decided that neither the guns nor the beaters will know their respective set of rules, until court is held at the end of the day - coz it's much more fun!

So I'm looking for ideas for rules that the guns can't break and the same for the beaters please....

All suggestions welcome

Cheers

Iaindp

Loads

50p first barrel miss

£1 for second

Shouting at dog

Not shouting at dog

Dog well behaved

Wearing brand new shooting stuff

Not wearing new stuff

No hat

Wearing a bad hat

Eye wipes carry a strong fine

Shooting at the wrong bird

Dirty boots

Not having a beating stick

Smiling when your mate gets fined

Not sharing sweets

Eating sweets

The list is endless

And our shoot captain is a mastermind and you can't win

But we take it in good part as its money for a good cause

All the best on your day

Of

I know it's all for fun ect and raising money for the local hospice but I hate fines ect. I just want to shoot and if they say about shooting the white cock , I go out of my way to shoot the blighter. once it is out of the way that's it, we can get on and shoot. But that's just me. Why not just tell everyone that if they want to contribute to the local hospice then a donation per head for the privilege of shooting is xxx.

If it's 50p % £1 a fine and the list is endless >> A. How much in total do people get fined and B. is there someone with a book listing all the fines per person? So at the end of the day there is a tally up>> Fred owes x Bert owes xx ect?

It always works out the same for every one

It's for charity

Captain decided how much to raise divided into the number there

It's just a lot more fun than sticking your hand in your pocket and putting £25 in the pot

Some people are just taking this tooo seriously

There's a fine for that as well 😂😂😂

To be honest the moderators on here could employ a similar system

To make money for there charity

All the best

Of

1BCEF49C-CFA3-4D1D-94D5-F6943132CE52_zps

Edited by Old farrier

It always works out the same for every one

It's for charity

Captain decided how much to raise divided into the number there

It's just a lot more fun than sticking your hand in your pocket and putting £25 in the pot

Some people are just taking this tooo seriously

There's a fine for that as well

To be honest the moderators on here could employ a similar system

To make money for there charity

All the best

Of

It all goes to add to the enjoyment of the day!

If it's 50p % £1 a fine and the list is endless >> A. How much in total do people get fined and B. is there someone with a book listing all the fines per person? So at the end of the day there is a tally up>> Fred owes x Bert owes xx ect?

Pound fine on everything , the kids keep the tally ( and they don't miss a trick ) , most guns end up about £25 in dept , even the beaters get in the spirit of the day , given their kids are the ones dishing out the fines , they get fined for not trying hard enough or missing the sticker bits ..the shoot dinner is a craic where your misdemeanours are laid bare .

£100 fine for forgetting your gun because you didn't leave it at the front door the night before

I did go pigeon shooting on one occasion, got everything unloaded out of the car and then realised that I'd left the musket at home. Aghhh. Load everything back up, go home, get gun then back to field to set up. luckily it wasn't too far back home. The dog was a bit thoughtful as it thought that it was going shooting.

I did go pigeon shooting on one occasion, got everything unloaded out of the car and then realised that I'd left the musket at home. Aghhh. Load everything back up, go home, get gun then back to field to set up. luckily it wasn't too far back home. The dog was a bit thoughtful as it thought that it was going shooting.

Haha oh dear

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update from the weekend.

Thanks for all your suggestions - in the end, the shoot captain and I chose to keep it simple (the way our guns need it) and we went with three fines.

1. Wearing a Christmas hat fine.....£5.00

2. Not wearing a Chritmas hat.....£10.00

3. Fine for shooting a bird.....£1.00 - total head x £1 / number of guns and beaters. Total head shot was 51

4. Sweepstake.....50/50 between winner and the charity.

Simples.

We raised £200.00 for the local kids' hospice so we're all well pleased,

Cheers

Iaindp