Recommend some wellies

countryman

Every pair i seem to buy split after a few weeks. It may be the way i am walking as they say but just had a look at the wife's boots and they are going the same. I brought a pair of what i would call expensive Sportchief wellies and they lasted about 3 months. What brand are you folk using and if you ware them a lot how long do they last.

Thanks.

Yes to these. I'm on my first pair and they're ten years old. shooting, fishing, dog walking, etc and they've been great. The sole's got proper, well formed grip and they supremely comfy

I saw some in Wetherby today £400+

I'm glad you've had ten years out of them.

Hunters were like that in the 70's.

Proper expensive though £400+ ?

another vote for aigle.

I saw some in Wetherby today £400+
I'm glad you've had ten years out of them.
Hunters were like that in the 70's.
Proper expensive though £400+ ?

mine have done 4 or 5 years and didn't cost anything like that, about 90 quid at the time i think

Used to always buy Hunter but the last two pair were rubbish so now I use these for summer, really hard wearing boot..http://www.seriouscountrysports.com/en/gb/Hoggs-of-Fife-Braemar-Green-Wellington-Boot/m-732.aspx?PartnerID=10&utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=UnitedKingdom&gclid=CL3T1pTl7NACFUmx7QodAJYP0g

And Aigle parcours 2 vario for the winter, feet are like toast in them.

Seeland are garbage. Both mine and my wifes split open around all the seams within 6 months of normal use for shoot days and Seeland did not want to know about it.

I now have a pair of BOGS, worn them all this season and they are still like new. Warm , flexible, comfortable and still in one piece. ALSO, less than a hundred notes.

Ok thanks lads some good suggestions there. Aigle seem popular.

Chris

Can I make a suggestion, if you decide on the Aigle parcours 2 iso vario, go and try some on first as the neoprene lining is about 3 or 4mm think and you will have a job getting your foot in them if you wear thick socks, mind you I take a size 10/44 and have never needed any thick socks with them, they are really warm when standing in the cold and comfortable when walking.

Can I make a suggestion, if you decide on the Aigle parcours 2 iso vario, go and try some on first as the neoprene lining is about 3 or 4mm think and you will have a job getting your foot in them if you wear thick socks, mind you I take a size 10/44 and have never needed any thick socks with them, they are really warm when standing in the cold and comfortable when walking.

I have to wear thin socks with mine otherwise feet over heat even when walking in icy puddles all day. Standing on frosted ground they are great but for long walking I wish I had the standard ones without neoprene sometimes!