Recommend some wellies

countryman

I'm currently wearing a pair of Gumleaf wellies but haven't had them long enough to comment re lifespan, they are, however, comfortable & warm.

My previous pair, still going strong after nearly 20 years are Le Chameau but I've heard that they, like many other expensive brands, have gone seriously downhill of late with manufacture being outsourced to the far east.

Another vote for Aigle here. Tried Hunters and Le Chameaus. Loved Hunters but the quality went downhill dramatically. Le Chameaus were really comfortable and I did a lot of miles in them but they only lasted a year. Aigles were cheaper and a bit bigger fitting but they are as good and solid today as day one.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys watching with interest as I am in the market for a new set of boots.

How do the Aigle boots fit? Do they come up bigger / smaller than other boots?

Obviously you can't just pop tonthe shop and try them on first and I can't get the fitting guide in the website to work :(

I'm normally a 41 in shoes and walking boots?

A month ago I would have recommended the jack pike zipped neoprene having used them lightly ( I wear boots if possible ) for a couple of years. However in the last few weeks the upper has detached from the sole by the heels on both feet witch is very disappointing. They have been replaced by a pair of 'site' wellingtons from screwfix in size 12 to allow extra liners and or neoprene socks for the grand total of £9.99. The downside is they have a steel toecap but as I wear safety boots daily I do not find it a problem. I have had a pair of le chameau for probably 10 years and they are still going strong but as they are quite snug I cannot use them with thick or extra socks.

Hi guys watching with interest as I am in the market for a new set of boots.

How do the Aigle boots fit? Do they come up bigger / smaller than other boots?

Obviously you can't just pop tonthe shop and try them on first and I can't get the fitting guide in the website to work :(

I'm normally a 41 in shoes and walking boots?

I found the angle fitted like a boot I have wide feet and thick calves, the adjustment offers enough for my calves but I did go to shop (TFM had loads on display I bought from Cambers who had a great selection too) and try several pairs and brands (some equine places stock them) before settling on the parcours iso 2 in 45 (10 uk I measure a 9.5 but wear a 10 in most) I think. Fit with 2 pairs of socks is snug, if anything too warm unless very very cold (yesterday I was sweating round my calves walking)

I liked them so much I bough a pair of aigle mtd boots in 45 and they are a lovely fit too

Edited by HDAV

Make yourself welly puller if you go with Aigle, they are very comfortable and nice and warm, but there a badger to pull off.

Find mine even after 2 years use as hard to get on as to get off.

Great wellies though but just got some full length zip up hunters on order - should be here by the 29th.

Hunter have a sale on at the moment so most stockists are following suit.

Just hope they last a good few years !

Find mine even after 2 years use as hard to get on as to get off.

Great wellies though but just got some full length zip up hunters on order - should be here by the 29th.

Hunter have a sale on at the moment so most stockists are following suit.

Just hope they last a good few years !

My Aigle are the same after over 10 years lol

And best of luck with your Hunter's, wouldn't be my choice nowadays, they went down hill after going bust or nearly some time ago.

Just to let you know following the feedback I have bought a set of Aigle Parcours ISO 2 boots at the weekend as I found them in Decathalon for £119 as opposed to the £180 anywhere else! DECATHALON stick the full range of Aigle boots so you can try them all on.

I have covered 8 miles of dog walking over 2 days and they are excellent!!

Comfy warm and nicely fitting!

Thanks for the tip!

They also have a great range of hunting clothing at rock bottom prices!

VERY impressed!!