Maize again 3rd bag in a week

mrpip

Went out Sunday on the Maize stubble again had a drive around the fields never saw a pigeon so went back to the fields I shot in the week and it was covered all in the same place. So set up at 9.20 in the same spot just stuck the whirly out, first one straight in, shot steady and pegged out as I picked up. They were very wary as you would expect with the large bunches giving me a wide birth, but enough showing interest. Had 24 out on cradles in a rough 2 bunch pattern, got to round the 30 mark then had a bad run of misters 10 shots for 2 pigeon picked. Had a drink and a sandwich and started again, finished at about half two picked up 62, the last one picked when I drove off the field has I had marked it earlier in the day. Best weeks holiday I've had.

post-13005-0-79557000-1481526456_thumb.jpg

So you had a weeks holiday and shot this field three times and had some good bags for this time of year, just keep this in mind.... you only get this type of shooting a few times in your life when birds just don't want to go anywhere else no matter how much you shoot it, that week will stay with you for the rest of your life, you certainly picked the right week, well done and you never know you might get another day or two out of that field :good:

Edited by old'un

Cheers gents, going on previous years they tend to dissappear in around 3 weeks once they have cleaned up, this block has always shot well the wood in the middle is the magnet. 350 Acre of maize grown on this farm this year some not shootable as on rented land were there is no shooting or to close to houses and roads. Had days on other fields were they won't decoy and move on after a few shots. It's been a week that I won't forget, soon be back to the usual but you won't here me complaining nearly 40 years shooting pigeons seems like yesterday when I was setting up with homemade shell decoys made out of plastic guttering, happy days.