MP forgets to renew gun licence...

minghis

Quote:-

“When I mentioned the fact that I was a MP it was suggested that if the Government gave the force some more money they might be able to get these things done more quickly.”

That didn't work then.

Typical flipping MP, seeking preferential treatment. Cheeky ***, get in the queue like the rest of us.

Not sure about anyone else but I've forgotten things, but then I'm just a mere mortal. Maybe if your a Lord then (and a descendant of Queen Victoria) you have those special "never forget genes" .

I didn't read anywhere that said he should have special treatment in any way.

Some of the comments are a bit bitchy because he's a Lord maybe Mmmm !

Oh to hell with it,,,, just hang the fool. Draw and quarter him.

That'll teach him not to forget.

Despite some of the above comments, he is actually a decent chap and a very good constituency MP.

I hope he stands by his comments and does indeed raise the issue with Amber Rudd. The current waiting times are appalling and Mr LG's memory lapse may be just what we need to bring the matter to a head.

Not sure about anyone else but I've forgotten things, but then I'm just a mere mortal. Maybe if your a Lord then (and a descendant of Queen Victoria) you have those special "never forget genes" .

I didn't read anywhere that said he should have special treatment in any way.

Some of the comments are a bit bitchy because he's a Lord maybe Mmmm !

Oh to hell with it,,,, just hang the fool. Draw and quarter him.

That'll teach him not to forget.

If thats aimed at me I never mentioned his title or regal lineage or the fact that he forgot, just that he sought preferential treatment

Despite some of the above comments, he is actually a decent chap and a very good constituency MP.

I hope he stands by his comments and does indeed raise the issue with Amber Rudd. The current waiting times are appalling and Mr LG's memory lapse may be just what we need to bring the matter to a head.

All thats as maybe but its not like you never hear anybody else complain about waiting times is it ?

I had my reminder a good two months prior to mine expiring. I returned the application within seven days and am assured by Leicestershire FAC Dept it should be turned around in eight weeks. Now, they are a pretty good bunch and I have no doubt they will do their best, but even eight weeks is far too long for what in most cases is just a repeat of the previous, but of course they have to jump through all of the hoops set up by the Home Office, Government AND our ELECTED officials....MPs, tick all the boxes etc etc.

This idiot certainly has no defence and his response is nothing short of pathetic. If he wants to do something useful then lobby for a lifetime FAC/SGC after an initial five years.

That would save a huge amount of money that could be spent on policing our streets. I met another police officer this week, mid 40s, who just cannot wait to get out of the job because of the box ticking and paper pushing, preventing him getting out and doing the job.

OK, not Somerset but Hampshire who also have a pretty dire reputation.

Last year I received my reminder and duly sent in all the necessary paperwork for an SGC renewal pronto as I had heard of delays.

BY RETURN OF POST I received my new Certificate, dated 3 months hence.

I can only say what happened to me at that particular time but I was VERY impressed and thankful.

Regardless, there should be no such ridiculous delays nationwide for routine paperwork.

As a pensioner I'd be happy to help out locally, could that be a way forward?

I had a telephone renewal interview but it still took 12 weeks before my FAC came through. Bear in mind I sent it in and have the receipt for it being received on 25th April, when it ran out in September. That should be enough time in anybody's book. 12 weeks was even under their own time scale.

Welcome to the real world Mr MP. Now you know what we ordinary people have to put up with, and Labour want to put the cost up to £200.00? No chance! Why should you be any different. Sit back and put up with it, we have to.

P.s. I have heard of someone who waited 10 months for a grant of SGC.