Diesel Particulate Filters - Can I live with one?

blowin

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it DID work for mobiles,but the market is somewhat different.

Phones are marketed as the latest hi tech thing costing between £3-800 a pop.

All you need to do is take a contract out at £50 a month for 2 years to have the latest all singing.

The profit margin on phones is huge,theres a reason why Apple is the worlds biggest richest company,they build their iphones in Chinese sweatshops for peanuts and sell at top dollar.

Now ,forgive me if Im wrong ,but we already pay good money for electric at home and business.

So why would they give you a car?

Do you realise how expensive a full electric car is?

In my opinion ,hardly anyone would buy one if the government didnt give you a subsidy towards it.

Yes it DID work for mobiles,but the market is somewhat different.

Phones are marketed as the latest hi tech thing costing between £3-800 a pop.

All you need to do is take a contract out at £50 a month for 2 years to have the latest all singing.

The profit margin on phones is huge,theres a reason why Apple is the worlds biggest richest company,they build their iphones in Chinese sweatshops for peanuts and sell at top dollar.

Now ,forgive me if Im wrong ,but we already pay good money for electric at home and business.

So why would they give you a car?

Do you realise how expensive a full electric car is?

In my opinion ,hardly anyone would buy one if the government didnt give you a subsidy towards it.

I do agree with most of what you have said but what option do we have just keep on using diesel until it runs out or the gasses kill us. :no:

I do agree with most of what you have said but what option do we have just keep on using diesel until it runs out or the gasses kill us. :no:

As long as we keep buying it ,theyll keep finding it.

If it kills some of us,theres plenty more where we came from.

The only time electric will become popular,is when they can find a way to turn a big profit from it,those conditions do not exist at the moment.

Same with solar,why sell you something that is self sufficient ,so you dont need them anymore ?

From what I have seen of it we will soon be getting most of our electricity from solar and lots of other ways that do not pollute oil coal and fuels like that will soon be out of date the Chinese are getting into solar big time it was on the news the other day things are moving very fast.

I wouldn't hold your breath... At the last count, around 2 years ago, China was opening a new coal fired power station every 2 weeks! And they do it on the cheap too because for reasons that no-one understands, they are able to claim "Developing Nation" status which lets them off having to install pollution control systems.

Sadly, the only known 'clean' technology that generates electricity in an appropriate way for the needs of the Grid is nuclear. Solar based technology such as wind or panels is weather dependant and simply isn't flexible or reliable enough to contribute anything other than some extra electricity to a power station based grid.

Fossil fuels will eventually run out; the hope is that 'safe' nuclear fusion and 1000 fold increase in battery technology will be viable before that happens.