Top Posters In This Topic

Pinewood Shooting Ground

Pyewipe Hall Farm
Sandbeck Lane
Nr Laughton
Gainsborough
Lincolnshire
DN21 3LN

This is where I went for my first day on the clays. A nice mixture of targets and it's plug and play so if you don't want to shoot some of the harder birds you don't have to. Club guns available if needed. It's a nice setting too.

Thanks all, keep them coming, I would love to have ideas from all counties in the UK

David

What's this? Sponging ideas and data from the house membership as to where to take newbie potential shooters on some two bit shooting experience that is a fund raising project? Does someone need a new Range Rover?

Trust this was a tongue in cheek comment...

Lists of clay grounds are all over the place, so the data is already out there, indeed we have over 1000 clay grounds already affiliated opt BASC. What I am asking for is member's personal recommendations of where they thing is a good place to take a new shooter.

Its all about BASC working more closely with shooting grounds (not running competitions to rival the CPSA before anyone asks!) and driving more new shooters into shooting grounds

I had my first sessions at Mickley Hall near Nantwich, Cheshire http://mickleyhall.com/

Run by father & son John & Scott and really friendly vibe around the place. Gun hire etc all no problem, and covered stands so it doesn't matter if its raining. Sporting targets of all levels of difficulty and a shooting lodge that does teas / cakes and somewhere to debrief before / after the shoot.

Perfect place for starting out IMO

I've yet to go to a club that doesn't encourage newbies 🤔 As a rule- I find emailing the club first to let them know your intentions is always a good idea, from experience they have always suggested times/days the clubs are quieter and stands more accessible to first timers.

I know it's a fair way from you- but I can highly recommend Essex shooting grounds site at fifefield near Ongar, guy called Ollie runs it & he's a diamond 👍