Using French Mole Traps

UKPoacher

^

^

^

What he said! Very informative!.........but can you make a living from mole catching?.............or do you supplement your income with other work?

I doubt if you could make a living. But it is a nice way to supplement my pension. I meet some lovely people and see places i would never have found if I wasn't travelling around mole trapping. I just do three days a week and on two of those days I've usually finished by lunch time or just after so I stop off near to wherever I'm working and do a bit of fishing.

On the second video,

Did you forget to take the lens cap off ? Or is night time ?

1st video very interesting indeed.

Might be a problem at your end. The link works OK for me and there are over 200 views in the last week.

I will try these.

Started trapping early this year after a farmer asked for help; and learnt the hard way - trial and error! and lots of misleading advice.

Using scissor and duffus traps currently, with fair results.

These may increase my catch rate.

Hammo

Anyone selling these in the UK? I've seen the Nomol version, but would love to buy a few of these traditional French ones.

My brother in law Ian Portman has some of the ordinary (non-stainless) traps listed on eBay. I can give you his e-mail address if you want to get them a bit cheaper. Similarly I can supply the stainless steel ones, although I'm running out quickly and won't be able to get any more until the New Year.

Just beware of some of the ordinary (non-stainless) Putange traps you might find advertised. There has been a massive influx of Far Eastern copies and those I've tried are very poor. The type you need have an obtuse angle between the jaws and legs. That is the jaws lean slightly forward. If the jaws are at right angles then they are copies.

The No-Mol traps are substantially bigger to accommodate the hand operated spring. The Putanges are set either by a lever or reverse pliers and so are more compact making them easier to place in tunnels.