Securing a gun cabinet on a plaster board stuck wall

Me matt

On 17/12/2016 at 07:53, Me matt said:

Thanks for all your advice 👍 It's got 10 years NHBC guarantee so I don't suppose I can do anything drastic 😕

Might have to be a loft installation by the sound of it.

Taxi driver- possibly mate, there's so few of them 😂

Your NHBC won't be affected by it - obviously if you tr to claim about something at that exact place you have put the safe might be another matter.

Something that is popular with with people back in the day of Plasma TV's was to make a wooden frame behind the plaster board to fasten the mount onto. This still means removing the plasterboard to fit a frame and dot and dab is not a scientific precise application of the plasterboard so you may be hard pressed to get the same "depth" of wood".

Fix the frame to the solid wall, Then put the plasterboard back on., and coach bolt into the frame through the plasterboard - take photo's to show the FEO

Hi I would listen to "Taxi driver"

Looks as if he got advice from his FEO which I suggest is the only way to go.

Lots of advice some good, some not so good, but how does anyone know what will be acceptable to your FEO.

We all know there are guidelines but we also know that each FEO rightly or wrongly makes their own rules.