Views on Gun from house to car ?

Snoozer

Hi,

What method do you use to get your Guns from the house to the car and back in again ?

Seesm a silly question but i don't fancy alerting some of my neighbours to the fact i will have a Shotgun in the house.

A Gun slip gives it away without to much imagination so was looking to get a case probably like the one below which should house a Shotgun made up.

Or is it common place to use the case it came in ? but that means the Gun will be taken apart quite often and i was wondering if this might have a long term effect on any components ?

What method do you guys/gals employ ??

11561b991430aee0012851392_zpslzxnpnws.jp

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that breaking the shotgun down and using the supplied case will have any long term effect on components.

I don't have a problem with neighbours but when I have been away in my caravan I just used the slip even if people in the caravan site see me I am well within my rights to transfer my gun when and how I like I don't care what they think, most people wont know what a gun slip is anyway.

Open back door of car and get wife to sit in drivers seat reving the wang out of it, i run down hallway at top speed wearing a bandana and a cartridge belt, jump the steps,forward roll taking cover behind my van before springting over the flower bed to the car and diving in thru the back door yellin GO GO GO.

I have a Toyota pickup, what i have done is cut a trap door behind the drivers seat. It's covered by the grey carpet so it's not visible from the windows. I have had someone make me a water tight seal out of silicone hose from work so there's no water egress if I drive through any deep puddles.

I have also dug a tunnel from my cupboard under the stairs that my gun cabinets in, under the front room, across the front of the house, under the road and into a manhole cover.When I'm going shooting i park over the manhole cover, then take my guns through the tunnel under the house and slip them through the trap door into my pickup.

Nobody has ever seen me load any guns or shooting gear into or out of my house.

I just put it in a gun slip walk out and put it in the car .why bother what the neighbors think .

If you take it out in a case they will still wonder what you have in .you never now they may ask .

With a gun slip they already now. .why worry about it

Open back door of car and get wife to sit in drivers seat reving the wang out of it, i run down hallway at top speed wearing a bandana and a cartridge belt, jump the steps,forward roll taking cover behind my van before springting over the flower bed to the car and diving in thru the back door yellin GO GO GO.

:lol::lol: