Views on Gun from house to car ?

Snoozer

Open back door of car and get wife to sit in drivers seat reving the wang out of it, i run down hallway at top speed wearing a bandana and a cartridge belt, jump the steps,forward roll taking cover behind my van before springting over the flower bed to the car and diving in thru the back door yellin GO GO GO.

This.....

I have a Toyota pickup, what i have done is cut a trap door behind the drivers seat. It's covered by the grey carpet so it's not visible from the windows. I have had someone make me a water tight seal out of silicone hose from work so there's no water egress if I drive through any deep puddles.

I have also dug a tunnel from my cupboard under the stairs that my gun cabinets in, under the front room, across the front of the house, under the road and into a manhole cover.When I'm going shooting i park over the manhole cover, then take my guns through the tunnel under the house and slip them through the trap door into my pickup.

Nobody has ever seen me load any guns or shooting gear into or out of my house.

....and this. Works for me every time. :yes:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the ideas, Some a tad bizzare but round my way the less the scrots know the better lol

I have a large bright blue Shakespeare rod holdall, takes the auto and ou and looks like am off fishing which the neighbours know I do. Put guns in slip inside holdall and zip it up

This is what i'll go with having a spare Fox rod holdal kicking about :)

I have a large bright blue Shakespeare rod holdall, takes the auto and ou and looks like am off fishing which the neighbours know I do. Put guns in slip inside holdall and zip it up

That's rather a silly idea don't you think.

If the neighbours are anti shooting there bound to be anti fishing. You could end up getting the windows bricked in.

And what are you going to carry the cartridges in ??? A maggot box lol

I don't know there's some rather silly replies to this topic.

I don't hide the fact that I have firearms, and most of the people living in my street, know I 'go shooting'. Quite a few ask 'what are you going to shoot today', but not in a cynical manner. My house is fully alarmed and my firearms are stored securely. If someone breaks in, gets past the alarm, and then get's all or most of my firearms (4 cabinets,) then I can't do anymore.

I rather think some contributors have missed the mark somewhat..

I've fished for years and never had an issue, It's the fact i'd rather not advertise there's a Gun in the house to the local scrots....

As for silly comments carts in a maggot box gets the prize so far lol I was thinking more a small cart bag ??

You will soon find that you will get this quite a bit on here- but in general we're not tooooooo bad.

As for not wishing to advertise the fact that you have this nice new hobby- I think it's a sensible approach that your taking.

Your concern over wear and tear of breaking down your shotgun is unfounded-- you break the thing every time you reload, and the extra wear on the fore-end will be negligible.

So, by all means break it down and use the case it came with or use something like a sports bag for cricket-- should be long enough or if the barrels stick out a bit then just sling a jumper or jacket over that part....

Your neighbour will think you ultra fit for all this new sports your going to

You will soon find that you will get this quite a bit on here- but in general we're not tooooooo bad.

As for not wishing to advertise the fact that you have this nice new hobby- I think it's a sensible approach that your taking.

Your concern over wear and tear of breaking down your shotgun is unfounded-- you break the thing every time you reload, and the extra wear on the fore-end will be negligible.

So, by all means break it down and use the case it came with or use something like a sports bag for cricket-- should be long enough or if the barrels stick out a bit then just sling a jumper or jacket over that part....

Your neighbour will think you ultra fit for all this new sports your going to

Or doing a hold up at a bank

Since meeting one neighbor after they heard me racking the action on my bps and looked over the fence to see if it was what they thought they heard, I was cleaning it on the patio at the time, i have taken to making it reasonably obvious. Gunslip, tweed, cartridge belt, it avoids the neighbors getting any sudden surprises.

If the idea of shooting sports has already crossed their mind spotting you with what is likely to be a firearm just supports the idea you shoot. If they have had no clues they jump to silly conclusions.

Since I retired I 've realised that I've spent my whole life saying "Yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir." to everybody and anybody.

Well, I've finally had a gutful of it.

Now I just tell everybody what I feel which is frequently just two words, the second of which is "off".

Within my own property I carry my guns openly, you want to make a comment, I'll reply in aces. You want to try and take them from me, just have a go.

Personally i've never had to bother wot the neighbours think as they all know me and know i shoot, the kennel full of dogs will help to give it away.

I doubt many scroats would actually be intrested in a gun anyway, well atleast a sporting gun, and i doubt most would have the capabiliteis of breaking into a kite marked gunsafe either.

Just not worth the hiassle and grief when theycan buy 1 down the boozer for not a lot of cash if u believe the papers.

If u want to break it down for ur own piece of mind, fair enough, it won't cause any damage as u have to break it down to clean it after the shoot anyway

As long as it's cased.

I have one golden rule when loading the car up And that is.......

The gun is the last thing in And The first thing out

I suppose it depends on how far the vehicle is from the house. Me it's 3 metres or less and hidden from view. It's never a good idea showing all and sundry what you have in the gun department.

My drive is clearly visible from the main road so I wait until anything has gone past before I load up guns or unload guns and game ect. What the eye doesn't see the heart doesn't grieve over. A few years ago there was an incident whearby an anonymous person threw nitromors over three cars of neighbours parked in the road overnight. I live in a rural village and No-one was ever caught for it. Two of the cars were financial write offs for the paint damage. It is stuff like this more than a direct attack or what people think that concerns me.