Testing Out New GoPro 5 Hero on Driven Pheasant

Duffryn

Decided to upgrade from a Hero 3 to a Hero 5. It's a lot less camera to have on your head in terms of weight and size and the ability to talk to it to turn recording on and off saves a lot of hassle. I used the wrong sound settings ( only arrived day before the shoot so no time to practice) and I didn't quite get the mounting position right. Anyway hope you enjoy.............

Was that shot in 4k video?

Trying to convince myself its worth the upgrade and sick of seeing all the pro vids on utube("heres my missus in Ibiza et al lookin divine with her *** out!").

Much rather see some real user footage

I purchased it without researching it properly thinking that I would be able to shoot in at least 2K plus and take the videos up a level. The Narrow FOV is the only field of view that shows the birds at a true distance and it turns out that this FOV isn't available in anything other than 1080 and below AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH. GoPro do make this clear on the website so entirely my fault. I've tested it on other FOV on higher resolution and the picture really is stunning just not really of any practical use for shooting videos. It goes without saying that the file size are huge on the larger resolutions so you need a decent PC to handle the editing. Hope this helps ?

Very good quality as per. You were unlucky on drives 3 & 4 to be out of the shooting. I could sense the frustration,should i go for that one or not....then sigh as you think you could have!! Still a good bag!

Yep ! Still its about time I was unlucky on the Pegs and it was nice to be able to watch some of the other guns shooting, normally I don't get a chance to do that (at least not without missing a cracking bird of my own)

Welcome back and I have been keeping an eye out for your videos. Rob is looking good and you were so unlucky on some of those pegs. However, being a dog handler I love watching the guns so not always having birds over you enables you to watch some of the sport.

Can not wait for my first day out which due to work will not be until the new year :-(

Good to see your videos back on here, your frustration was just like mine this past Saturday, i missed in front too many times. Your dog Bob sat very well and didn't give you any filthy looks for missing. My Cocker was not amused with me keeping missing so when a friend on the peg next to me shot a bird i sent the dog for he took the bird to him and sat with him the rest of the drive as he was hitting them and i wasn't. The little sod only showed his face when i shot a screamer of a cock that clattered through a tree into a river between us where my dog retrieved it, not to me but my friend i may add to the amusement of all my friends. Sure he was feeding my dog sausages on the sly :unhappy::lol::lol:

Look forward to seeing you working Bob collecting a few when your on a good peg in future vids.

How's the battery life when using the voice command function?.Does it drain pretty quick as with the bluetooth remote on the hero 3s and 4s.

It doesn't seem to drain it like the bluetooth did. One battery with a quick 20 min charge from the car lasted me all day

Not a camera question, neither am i a game shooter, does your dog watch for what you shoot so as to fetch back your birds?

Yes, he marks them but the challenge is to send him to a blind retrieve when he think he knows best and goes for one of the ones he has marked. He is winning this at the moment !

Good to see your videos back on here, your frustration was just like mine this past Saturday, i missed in front too many times. Your dog Bob sat very well and didn't give you any filthy looks for missing. My Cocker was not amused with me keeping missing so when a friend on the peg next to me shot a bird i sent the dog for he took the bird to him and sat with him the rest of the drive as he was hitting them and i wasn't. The little sod only showed his face when i shot a screamer of a cock that clattered through a tree into a river between us where my dog retrieved it, not to me but my friend i may add to the amusement of all my friends. Sure he was feeding my dog sausages on the sly :unhappy::lol::lol:

Look forward to seeing you working Bob collecting a few when your on a good peg in future vids.

Your cocker sounds like a right character, I bet your mates really took the p**s out of you for that. . Rob groans when I miss...

Welcome back and I have been keeping an eye out for your videos. Rob is looking good and you were so unlucky on some of those pegs. However, being a dog handler I love watching the guns so not always having birds over you enables you to watch some of the sport.

Can not wait for my first day out which due to work will not be until the new year :-(

Thanks - not long to go now...

Welcome back and thanks for a posting another fascinating video.

I know nothing about the technical aspects of videos and your past offerings have always looked great to me.

Good to see Rob looking so well and hopefully he may star in a future episode. :)

Thanks Cranfield - he is the real star of the videos and I will make sure he is in the next one

I purchased it without researching it properly thinking that I would be able to shoot in at least 2K plus and take the videos up a level. The Narrow FOV is the only field of view that shows the birds at a true distance and it turns out that this FOV isn't available in anything other than 1080 and below AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH. GoPro do make this clear on the website so entirely my fault. I've tested it on other FOV on higher resolution and the picture really is stunning just not really of any practical use for shooting videos. It goes without saying that the file size are huge on the larger resolutions so you need a decent PC to handle the editing. Hope this helps ?

It certainly does help, cheers :good:

Great vid BTW