Pheasant Shooting November

ollie

The following is a compilation video of our first few weeks out on our Pheasant syndicate during November.

Not a lot of shooting action, mainly dog work, as we try to shoot a couple of birds each day per person.

The dog is my cocker spaniel Dinky, he is a half decent rough shooting dog although I don't always allow him to retrieve as he can be hard in the mouth.

I hope you enjoy the scenery, if nothing else, and Happy Christmas to you all:

https://youtu.be/oS7LrsuaFr8

Edited by ollie

Back to the beautiful views and some strong flying birds, great watching the dogs.

That is some great natural bird cover on those cliffs, certainly makes the dogs put some hard work in.

The two bird maximum per gun is a good idea on a small syndicate, but there were a couple of nice birds presented themselves after you had topped out, must have been tempting. :)

Another fantastic day out on the steep banks;My favourite kind of game shooting with an eager spaniel.A 'Keeper once said he'd had some success with hard mouthed dogs by wrapping a fresh bird in a couple of turns of barbed wire for a few retrieves? Never tried myself though. Thanks for posting.

The two bird maximum per gun is a good idea on a small syndicate, but there were a couple of nice birds presented themselves after you had topped out, must have been tempting. :)

I was thinking the same. There were some nice birds after you'd shot your two!

Nice to see the pheasant videos again.

Fantastic scenery mate! Always enjoy your videos, lots of action and good dog work :good:

Thanks for watching mate.

Back to the beautiful views and some strong flying birds, great watching the dogs.

That is some great natural bird cover on those cliffs, certainly makes the dogs put some hard work in.

I know there was a couple of better birds after, if it hada been later on in the season I would have taken them. Plenty of natural cover, too much probably.

What a spectacular landscape to shoot game. Thanks for the video :good:

Thanks, wee are very lucky!!!

Another fantastic day out on the steep banks;My favourite kind of game shooting with an eager spaniel.A 'Keeper once said he'd had some success with hard mouthed dogs by wrapping a fresh bird in a couple of turns of barbed wire for a few retrieves? Never tried myself though. Thanks for posting.

I've heard that technique, but it sounds a little cruel to me. I normally put the lead on him & lift them myself.

I was thinking the same. There were some nice birds after you'd shot your two!

Nice to see the pheasant videos again.

Thanks for watching al.

Proper shooting and a great video.

Thanks mate, good to see your videos again!!!