Grouse Shooting - another good film

button

Well your madness is my idea of heaven .....

Surely the 'right gun' is one you can handle well, fits, and effectively kills what you're looking at. Rather shoot that 'wrong gun' well, than pick up something that 'looks' better and couldn't middle anything .... in my eyes.

This was Raby high moor, I've only shot the 'junior' low moor as a 40th B'day treat. The high moor looks better!!

Reading the posts about flashy watches, I know I'd rather have a few days like this to look back on, than a flashy piece of metal on my wrist.

I don't think he is that "minted", he seems to have just the one suit, shirt and tie. :)

I was fooled by the matching Kreighoff's, a range rover and his trip to Spain to shoot partridges on another YT video.

I think the mention of 4 or 5 days back to back grouse shooting really sealed it though.

f

I have shot both upper and lower moors on Raby , it's the same beaters -pickers up working both and you see quite a few of these dogs, They are wired hair pointers - Labradors cross, Ian Alexandra the keeper on the lower moor has one it worked well, he said they breed the cross as its the perfect dog for the moor and will go all day.

I have shot both upper and lower moors on Raby , it's the same beaters -pickers up working both and you see quite a few of these dogs, They are wired hair pointers - Labradors cross, Ian Alexandra the keeper on the lower moor has one it worked well, he said they breed the cross as its the perfect dog for the moor and will go all day.

Thanks for the information was not sure if they were curly coat retrievers which I thought strange has you rarely see a working curly coat these days

Feltwad