Maize again

mrpip

Tried another maize stubble Sunday no birds came, so walked across the fields to the one I've been shooting for the last couple of weeks, they were on it in big numbers again. It was 11 o'clock by then so left them to it, as I knew I could get my last full day in before Christmas on Tuesday this week. Got to field and set up in the same place for first light, had birds in and committing for the first hour then lulls and bunches coming on and off all day. Shot last bird at 3 o'clock, picked up 84 woodies, that's it now till after Christmas all the best

post-13005-0-08038800-1482304069_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments gents, I've shot this land for years now and had some good bags over the years. We're I've been setting up is on the main flightline out of the roost woods which is a massive block of pine and birch, as I've mentioned in previous posts they flight to a small wood in the middle of this block and will quite happily sit there all day. When they flight over the wood to feed elsewere they tend to come back on any one of 3 flightlines this corner of the wood is were they all converge, I set up on the hedgerow about 20 yds from the wood, either side depending on the wind direction, had some quality shooting as they come over the wood. Over the last few years when this has been in with maize it usually shoots well for the first couple of days then bags have averaged around the 30 mark and they tend to dissappear after a few week, this year there has been a massive influx of pigeon in the area, how long they will stay who knows.