Direct debit increase!!

washerboy

I had an email from someone supposedly working at the gym I'm a member of.

The gym owner has been sent to prison for three years and the email is regarding the owner being able to up my direct debit without my consent and even going as far as taking money from my bank to pay off his fines etc.

I don't know the person who has sent me and 93 other gym members the email.

Could it just be a hoax or could a person up my membership fee without me or my bank giving permission?

just asked the wife as she knows about these things. He can in some cases increase your direct debit. when you set it up it came with conditions as follows:

A direct debit guarantee by the bank/building society that will state the following or similar.

if any changes made to the amount,date or frequency of your dd the bank has to notify you within 14 working days, if an error is made you are entitled to a full and immeadiate refund paid out by your bank or building society

FSA rules

atb

7diaw

Edited by 7daysinaweek

just asked the wife as she knows about these things. He can in some cases increase your direct debit. when you set it up it came with conditions as follows:

A direct debit guarantee by the bank/building society that will state the following or similar.

if any changes made to the amount,date or frequency of your dd the bank has to notify you within 14 working days, if an error is made you are entitled to a full and immeadiate refund paid out by your bank or building society

FSA rules

atb

7diaw

Bootle Bird?

The water company increased my mothers DD on her little retirement flat from thirty something pounds a month to over eighty. This was despite her already being in credit when they did it. By the time I got hold of it she was about four hundred pounds in credit.

If they did that to every one of their customers they would be holding millions of pounds of other people's money.

I gave them hell but it was an uphill struggle, i'm sure a lot of old girls would have not had the fight in them to go head to head with these crooks

Edited by Vince Green

I'm happy paying the £16 a month for 24 hour use of the gym, but obviously don't want my bank account emptying or the fee to double over night.

I'm a fix term contract for 6 months

Best thing is speak with my bank ?

If it's a 6 month fixed term would not the price be fixed for the same term?

Speak to the gym and ask them for clarification of increase.

I would have thought that unless the facilities had changed dramatically, the increase should be minimal in line to cover small increase in the running costs

Yes the Giro in Bootle, I know lots of people who worked there and like many institutions was a job for life for many. Sadly not anymore. The building still stands and it is now Santander, I pass it most evenings when I in work.

atb

7diaw

Yes via Alliance and Leicester courtesy of the Tories for about £10 to get rid of most Building Societies?