TalkTalk inernet

the crowman

Hi all,as anyone got the above.I took out a 18mth fixed at £17.70 a month contract and it runs out in June 2017.I've noticed that it has gone up to £18.95.I know it's only £1.25 extra but surely it's a fixed contract.I have called them which I'm getting no sense out of them they they are trying to sell me another fixed rate.

Has anyone had this happen to them and what did you do.

Happy xmas 🎅🏻🎅🏻

Regards

Mark

Talktalk NO NO

apart from getting hacked and 1000,s of customers details going bye bye their customer svs is absolutely pants ....................as my brother will verify............ if you get into problems all they tell you is it must be on the " outside line " and there will be a charge to send someone out to check even when it was their modem at fault ..............3 times

I was with aol for years . Paid direct debit and never had an issue. Talk Talk bought AOL and changed the date payment was due without telling me. Of course the payment weren't getting made until my existing due date but Talk Talk kept sending letters threatening to disconnect me etc. No amount of explaining to them would help.. in the end I told them to poke it. Total Carp company

Hi all,as anyone got the above.I took out a 18mth fixed at £17.70 a month contract and it runs out in June 2017.I've noticed that it has gone up to £18.95.I know it's only £1.25 extra but surely it's a fixed contract.I have called them which I'm getting no sense out of them they they are trying to sell me another fixed rate.

Has anyone had this happen to them and what did you do.

Happy xmas

Regards

Mark

Just gone through the exact same thing, if you have a fixed rate contract they cannot increase it. You will need to send an official complaint to them, do this by phone and not over the internet, which they must contact you and begin procedures within 4 days. They will try to constantly sell you new "deals" and contracts rather than deal with the problem, tell them that if they don't honour the original contract you will contact the ombudsman.

I have talk talk phone and broadband 18 month contract. line rental went up by £1.25last year i think and all the other providers followed.my contract was

£17 odds line rental for 18.months and £5 38mb fiber optic for 12 months going up to £10 for the other 6 months.

I got £100 love to shop vouchers, and because i was going to change my mind they gave me any time calls for 18 months.

as a good will jester after the hacks I got any time mobile calls for 12 months,Also paid my line rental for twelve months saving £24

any out side line faults are sorted with bt engineers.. I can't fault them. :good:

Plusnet?

I'm with them, it's worked seamlessly.

Free antivirus, good price and commonsense fault finder.

Now talking about sporadic faults on the BT line coming in is another story.

It would be easy to imagine a link with leaving BT as the operator said "you will be back"

Well I'm not!

I'm with them, it's worked seamlessly.

Free antivirus, good price and commonsense fault finder.

Now talking about sporadic faults on the BT line coming in is another story.

It would be easy to imagine a link with leaving BT as the operator said "you will be back"

Well I'm not!

I left talk talk and moved to plusnet about 5 years ago. It's a better service but the biggest selling point for me I'd that when I phone them I get someone in England. I had numerous highly frustrating, conversations with talk talk call centres elsewhere in the world. I couldn't understand them and they couldn't understand me (NI accent.) That really sealed the deal for me.

I have just signed to SSE

Line rental + anytime calls £21 per month 18 month contract

Oh and did I mention 18 months of 76mb Fibre Optic Broadband for FREE!!!!

Guaranteed no price increase over the length of the contract........ Just a tad happy

:shaun:

Wow!

I have just signed to SSE

Line rental + anytime calls £21 per month 18 month contract

Oh and did I mention 18 months of 76mb Fibre Optic Broadband for FREE!!!!

Guaranteed no price increase over the length of the contract........ Just a tad happy

:shaun: I have a simular deal with Virgin but with TV, thats making my TV 50 quid a month, suffice to say Virgin and myself will be parting company very soon.. Dont get me wrong i have never had a problem with them, other than the fact they have nearly doubled the price in about 30 months.

Talk talk and talk mobile are one of the worst companies Ive ever dealt with.

I brought 2 pay up front mobile phones from them 6 or 7 years ago for my daughters.

£100 each ,100 mins and 100 texts per month,free phone,they needed bank details in case you went over your allowance.

2 months before the year ended,I got them contract phones with a proper company.

It took a couple of months after the talk mobile contract ended ,before I noticed £32 a month getting paid to them.

So ,£64 down, I marched into carphone warehouse and asked what was going on,as calling them was a waste of time.

The salesman,insisted that when the year ended,I was informed that I was being moved to a £16 per month contract for my 100 mins and texts x 2.

Informed via text to the now unused phones from talk m.

I told them I wanted the £64 back and whatever contract I hadnt entered into ,cancelled.

Cant do that ,they explained,your in for another year.

I made sure the bank didnt pay any more money,and got a solicitor,6 months later they agreed to cancel the contract (grudgingly) but I never got the money back.

When they canvass in supermarkets ,I tell this story very loudly to the sales people.

Voted year on year as the worst provider for these type of services.

Avoid like the plague.

I had TalkTalk, It seemed a good idea to get the package that came with the youview box, Internet and Phone.

There was method in the youview box got really good reviews and the price of the whole contract was cheaper than buying the equivalent box on its own.

As soon as my provider was switched to TalkTalk my Internet speed dropped to about quarter of what it was on Sky (via BT) TalkTalk said it was a line fault even though it was fine for the last 3 or so years..... old wiring we have just checked..... new estate 3 years old.

Anyhow the online forums run by TalkTalk yield better results with regards to customer service but still i was only running at 1/2 the speed prior to changover.

Luckily for me they increased the price of the line rental and as it was change of contract offered the 30 day termination clause....... i called as soon as the letter arrived and left the same day, they did have the cheek to say its only £1.25 more and thats not a lot, when i said its fine take £1.25 off my current package as its only £1.25 less they didn't quite understand.

I had to post the TV box back or pay a fee of £75.. i opted to pay the fee as its actually a good box (aside from it only has NOW TV Movies and not the others)

Just after they had the data hacking scandal

As soon as i changed back to Sky .... speed 3 times more than TalkTalk ..... on the line they said was faulty?

Never again would i use TalkTalk