cod fishing

rooster_121

Yep I fish the local beaches oct- april I also have a boat so I can get out to them all year round? er when its nice and flat mind, cod of 22lbs just been landed from a local pier, best for many a year, oh I also dive for lobby's during the summer months, so living next to the sea in the grim north aint so bad(seagulls apart)

in fact things aint bad here at ALL, LOTS of pigeon about, no traffic jams 4 mins to get to work, loosely morraled wimmin, cheap housing ie mortgages,a monkey for a mayor(true that one sniper?)cheap beer? still get a pint for less than a quid,just wish I could still handle it? god this thread has cheered me up somewhat, yep thats it keep the affluer-dosh down sarth I will stick it here.

OH and for footy fans of course nearly forgot to mention we have proper footy here

run by locals not bloody russian money bags or failed champions league potential? lets drag the club down to oblivion chairmen?

Cheers K

I do some sea fishing in the UK, but mostly in Ireland and "abroad".

The cod fishing in the South East( Kent coast), tends to be best from October to December, then it slows down until the "Spring run" around March/April.

It was a bit slow this year, but there seemed to be more smaller fish around.

Certainly more larger whiting.

kdubya, got a job with the Durham Tourist Board, have you ? :huh:

I never noticed the bit about, "loosely morraled wimmin", in the brochures. :huh:

Lack of Fish is due to current technology and over fishing

in deeper waters , no a lot is getting in close enough for us to have a go.

I fish around SE coastline , mostly from peirs and beach.

Plenty of small fish , but not a lot of Worthy Pot Fish.

Do get annoyed when seeing other people bagging all sizes of fish.

I do have words and threaten to call authorties if they continue to kill undersized fish , especially small Bass.

Hoping to get another outing this coming Thursday , most probably Dover

Princess of Wales.

Also just got some of that New Green Fish & Strip Bait.

Good Killer bait for flatties was Bottled Mussels in Mackrel Fillet.

A Couple inside a mackrel strip.

Keep those lines Wet

BOB/R

kdubya, got a job with the Durham Tourist Board, have you ?

I never noticed the bit about, "loosely morraled wimmin", in the brochures.

Nah or I would have added "bracing sea air" translates into blowing a hooligan!!

thats guaranteed to give you pnuem, phun,- er a bad cold

and free locally produced fuel direct from the coast?

translates into sea coal available provided you shovel the stuff up and try to get the black bits of beach to look sandy coloured again.

Seriously the fishing up here is pretty good all year round its just a shame to see whats going on with the new "quota's or should I say lack of regard for the quota's?

strange now that the new rules are being adhered to? most of the selling of fish goes on in the VERY early hours of the morning when even stranger "fish that should not be landed" appear to magically throw themselves into baskets in exchange for "readies"

cheers k

Poor taste in footy? sacre bleu, Im off to colder climes tommorrow to support my bad taste (yet again in europe) are you "red and white" if so hurry up back to the premiership we need the points?

cheers K