Wear the fox hat?

JDog

For those of you who do not know the climate of the east coast it can be chilly even when the wind is the prevailing wind from the south west.

Today it was cold and blustery with winds averaging 25 mph so when I decided to find a flight line my normal cap was forsaken for a fox fur hat. This proved to be good and bad. Good in that I kept my head warm and bad in that the bits of fur at the front showed every time I mounted the gun put me off my stride.

That was my excuse anyway for an abysmal performance with the gun. I picked ten birds on the line, all full of wheat. It should have been more.

This evening I shot six at roost all of which had empty crops.

For those of you who do not know the climate of the east coast it can be chilly even when the wind is the prevailing wind from the south west.

Today it was cold and blustery with winds averaging 25 mph so when I decided to find a flight line my normal cap was forsaken for a fox fur hat. This proved to be good and bad. Good in that I kept my head warm and bad in that the bits of fur at the front showed every time I mounted the gun put me off my stride.

That was my excuse anyway for an abysmal performance with the gun. I picked ten birds on the line, all full of wheat. It should have been more.

This evening I shot six at roost all of which had empty crops.

Round here "Put some fur round it " is the traditional retort to one who needs an aid to improve their aim ! Its a thought.