And now George Michael

chrisjpainter

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will he be remembered for those famous lyrics,the peak of the songwriters art "Wake me up before you GoGo, don,t leave me hanging on the line to YoYo." he never floated my boat I am afraid.

Not his best example agreed, but he wrote Club Tropicana, Careless Whisper etc when he was only 17-18. That's pretty impressive writing those iconic songs at that young age. Brings back great memories of my first school discos, the 80s was such a great era to grow up in and although not a huge fan, his music was a huge part of that time.

Not his best example agreed, but he wrote Club Tropicana, Careless Whisper etc when he was only 17-18. That's pretty impressive writing those iconic songs at that young age. Brings back great memories of my first school discos, the 80s was such a great era to grow up in and although not a huge fan, his music was a huge part of that time.

I always thought club tropical and was a fundamentally flawed business plan

He was a hugely talented singer/songwriter taken way to early.

30+ years ago I went out on a sort of blind date to Chequers country club (disco) and to careless whisper got a good feel of the girls bum while slow dancing.

Been married to her for 28 years now.

Thank you George

Aside from the classic - Different Corner - I couldn't stand him. He has been trying to kill himself for years and has now succeeded. That said, he had a genuine talent.

People die every day - in most cases without trying. I just don't understand the emotional outpourings of "Not another one", as if the death of a celebrity counts for more than any other death.

Aside from the classic - Different Corner - I couldn't stand him. He has been trying to kill himself for years and has now succeeded. That said, he had a genuine talent.

People die every day - in most cases without trying. I just don't understand the emotional outpourings of "Not another one", as if the death of a celebrity counts for more than any other death.

If you pop off before me I promise not to start a thread saying what a nice bloke you were :)

Will he be remembered for those famous lyrics,the peak of the songwriters art "Wake me up before you GoGo, don,t leave me hanging on the line to YoYo." he never floated my boat I am afraid.

That was apparently an Andrew Ridgeley line which he used to say as a very young lad, George turned it into an iconic lyric.

Well put!👍

I don't think it's a case of counting for more than an ordinary death. Music touches people's lives, a lot of happy and sad memories can be triggered by a certain song. This is why iconic musicians have such an impact when they leave us.

He was a hugely talented singer/songwriter taken way to early.

30+ years ago I went out on a sort of blind date to Chequers country club (disco) and to careless whisper got a good feel of the girls bum while slow dancing.

Been married to her for 28 years now.

Thank you George

https://youtu.be/izGwDsrQ1eQ

Same song same singer same thing married for 28 as well cheers george

Was never a fan, but what he made was still a couple miles better than that's on the radio these days, with these R&B canned voices and lyrics that uses about 15 words top. It's like the like of Michael Jackson -- they marked that timeslice so hard that you just can't take them away from them, regardless of what they were/did otherwise. Darn, hate to say it, but even Witney Houston is in that same boat.

I remember in 88 when I was 18 doing a youngster tour of the USA and being in a Greyhound bus between nowhere and nowhere+1, with a great black guy who was blasting Georges Michael on his boom box in the bus. The image stayed with me ever since.

Edited by buze

Last hit was 20 years ago so it seems it's a certain generation is wrapped up in his mourning. Wasn't a fan, sad a bloke has died whether partially self induced or not.

Bigger than Aleppo ? really ?? Looking on the main stream news channels ( I know, I know ) would appear nothing else has happened of note. Oddly enough the self same channels that delighted in lurid tales of his torrid personal life.

Last hit was 20 years ago so it seems it's a certain generation is wrapped up in his mourning. Wasn't a fan, sad a bloke has died whether partially self induced or not.

Bigger than Aleppo ? really ?? Looking on the main stream news channels ( I know, I know ) would appear nothing else has happened of note. Oddly enough the self same channels that delighted in lurid tales of his torrid personal life.

Well, Aleppo is ALSO self inflicted anyway.

Well, Aleppo is ALSO self inflicted anyway.

Neither was entirely self inflicted. George Michael struggled to come to terms with his sexuality which is why he wouldn't out himself early on in his career, he had a torrid time splitting with his musical partner, then suffered the deaths of his life partner and of course his mum, fame, getting old...................everyone is fighting a battle we know nothing about as they say. Aleppo was a manufactured war, Syrians are now, in the main celebrating and on the way to mend.

Any death is tragic for their friends and families, i doint get the whole cleb thing his death is no more or less tragic than anyone's.

Nobody has said it is.i am sure that if a relative of yours was known to millions their passing would be reported and messages of sympathy would be posted in various places.in fact there are similar messages when people are killed say in terrorist attack and although we don't know them we still post condolences. Or do you not understand that also.