Grayling fishing results

colin lad

well had my first day out after the grayling went to LAA stretch of the Avon at Britford what a great day out trotting red maggot it was almost a fish a cast lost count of how many but was getting a dozen to 15 from most swims fished half a dozen different swims,also some nice size dace plus 3 good Brownies and a pike what took a dace, though none of the Grayling broke the lb mark most were between 10 and 14oz so next mission is to catch15380339_10210435237589532_1838813817411a 1lb plus fish, pic below is of my 1st ever Grayling

Ahhh the lady of the river!

Spent many years driving round the country grayling fishing on the welsh dee, the severn, the dove, scotland, the nith, the annan. method was purely trotting and had some wonderful fish. Fishing in them slack eddies in the crystal water, does not get better in my opinion.

Well done on your catch and when they shoal up and conditions favourable you can have some spectacular bags as you have. I recall fishing a river up in the cheviot hills and finishing with over 150 fish for the day, almost a fishy a cast most under the 1lb mark.

Keep promising myself i will return to the river as have not for many years, hopefully next year.

atb

7diaw

Edited by 7daysinaweek

Indeed, took my best Roach of 3lb 6oz from there in 2005.

A very nice catch Colin.

Britford, now there is a lovely place I have not fished there for 30 years it was a trotting mans river top quality fishing, my biggest chub came from that stretch its nice to see and read that the river is fishing well, you had a good day well done.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed, took my best Roach of 3lb 6oz from there in 2005.

WOW!

I doff my cap to thee...

Fabulous fish.

Had loads of 2lb + but never got near a 3.

A good roach is a thing of beauty.

(Apologies for thread hijack).

It was a very old fish, with the top lobe of it's caudal fin missing and riddled with blackspot, but none the less a 3lb Avon roach.

WOW!

I doff my cap to thee...

Fabulous fish.

Had loads of 2lb + but never got near a 3.

A good roach is a thing of beauty.

(Apologies for thread hijack).