Chapuis C 35 Round Design

wymberley

Guys,

Before I jump in with both feet, does anyone have any comments on these - good or bad? Have to say on the face of it, I'm impressed that a request for double triggers, fixed choke of my choice, 26" barrels, auto safety and 15" stock didn't produce as much as a blink let alone a hissy fit. You even get a choice of engraving and am just waiting to see what (obviously it'll be limited) the options are.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys,

Before I jump in with both feet, does anyone have any comments on these - good or bad? Have to say on the face of it, I'm impressed that a request for double triggers, fixed choke of my choice, 26" barrels, auto safety and 15" stock didn't produce as much as a blink let alone a hissy fit. You even get a choice of engraving and am just waiting to see what (obviously it'll be limited) the options are.

What I would say though, and I am sure you have considered it , in that spec the resale value won't be as high as normal specification

What I would say though, and I am sure you have considered it , in that spec the resale value won't be as high as normal specification

Absolutely agree, proven time and time again. Just one of the penalties of buying what I want. OK, it's a side by side, but other than that, the spec' is pretty much the same so who in their right mind would want something like this:

IMG_4399_zpshuh3nt2j.jpg

Absolutely agree, proven time and time again. Just one of the penalties of buying what I want. OK, it's a side by side, but other than that, the spec' is pretty much the same so who in their right mind would want something like this:

IMG_4399_zpshuh3nt2j.jpg

Jeez, what a fence post. I would never own somthing like that...

I'm also interested in responses to this thread as I am looking at either a chapuis or rizzini spec'd to me in the next couple months. Hard to pick against the round body and Artemis, but the chapuis looks really good.

Rick

I too looked at these, after some thought looking at a Rizzini BR550, am sending an email to see how much my desired spec will be. Thinking 16bore, beavertail foreend and pistol grip, 32 inch and flat rib, if more than £4k will be back to drawing board!

Sounds a real interesting gun.

16 is really under rated

I too looked at these, after some thought looking at a Rizzini BR550, am sending an email to see how much my desired spec will be. Thinking 16bore, beavertail foreend and pistol grip, 32 inch and flat rib, if more than £4k will be back to drawing board!

You should be home and dry. There's a 3 month lead time for my spec'.

There was a feildsports Britain episode where they went to the factory I think to order a double

Rifle couple of years ago but very interesting

BTW very very jealous never even bought a new gun let alone ordered one to my personal spec

Edited by HDAV

There was a feildsports Britain episode where they went to the factory I think to order a double

Rifle couple of years ago but very interesting

BTW very very jealous never even bought a new gun let alone ordered one to my personal spec

Not so much a personal spec', more a case of working within the options on offer at no extra charge. The nice touch on this one though was being able to select the stock length - simple enough for the maker as they have a butt plate so leave them a tad long, cut to suit and whack the plate on - and to a degree the colour of the wood. I got lucky as the range of options covered everything I would like.

Not quite the dog house! Not far from it! Ha

If im honest really undecided as looking at the price brings some other options into the mix

Yep, a bit of a gamble. As this looks more like a shotgun, well, apart from the fact that the barrels are the wrong way round, I'm hoping that I haven't made the same mistake again. Ordered one of an identical spec' some time back (as near as damnit then the same price) and when I opened the case there was a "wow" when I saw the wood. However, when I'd shot it for a while I began to realise that it was just an inert lump that looked similar to a shotgun. There was no 'life' to it, the side plates started to take on a dull grey appearance and the hand was thicker than the handle on Thor's hammer. So, that's where it stayed, looking pretty in the case until I got shot of it.

Yep, a bit of a gamble. As this looks more like a shotgun, well, apart from the fact that the barrels are the wrong way round, I'm hoping that I haven't made the same mistake again. Ordered one of an identical spec' some time back (as near as damnit then the same price) and when I opened the case there was a "wow" when I saw the wood. However, when I'd shot it for a while I began to realise that it was just an inert lump that looked similar to a shotgun. There was no 'life' to it, the side plates started to take on a dull grey appearance and the hand was thicker than the handle on Thor's hammer. So, that's where it stayed, looking pretty in the case until I got shot of it.

What did you buy previously?