Royal Mail

steve_b_wales

I got a card through the door just before xmas saying there was a parcel for me that didn't have enough postage on it and i would have to pay an extra £2

So i went down to the collection point 10 mins from home the next morning handed my card over and id the chap on the counter asked me if i wanted to see what it was before o paid so said OK..

He went out the back and came back with a christmas card some one had posted to me without any postage on it..

He asked me if i wanted it "said no way was i paying £2 for a xmas card so send it back " he said don't blame you its highway robbery...

I got a card through the door just before xmas saying there was a parcel for me that didn't have enough postage on it and i would have to pay an extra £2

So i went down to the collection point 10 mins from home the next morning handed my card over and id the chap on the counter asked me if i wanted to see what it was before o paid so said OK..

He went out the back and came back with a christmas card some one had posted to me without any postage on it..

He asked me if i wanted it "said no way was i paying £2 for a xmas card so send it back " he said don't blame you its highway robbery...

Hopefully didn't have a score in it :lol:

We jut received a Christmas card that was posted a couple of weeks back. The thing is you have to accept that a lot of the postal service is staffed by temps and this is what you get.

My nephew is an archaeologist and this time of the year they all go and work for the Post Office because that is what archaeologists traditionally do at Christmas.

In the ten or so years he has been doing it the professionalism has taken a serious downturn and its all gone to pot

First of all, there is no such thing as a first class post. At no stage does a letter get sorted into first class and fast tracked. Its one size fits all

second, many of the temporary postal workers working in London aren't even screened. You fill a form in one day and you are working the next

Edited by Vince Green

That sounds pretty unfortunate.

I posted a card from Cumbria to Cheshire on the first class 21st of December for my mum's birthday, it arrived on the 22nd. I also ordered something off ebay that was posted via a 48h service that arrived next day before Christmas (they were also in West Yorkshire, so I assume it only went to one sorting office).

I have had items posted from China, turn up quicker than 2nd class post from the UK. Gladly not MANY times. But recently a LOT of stuff going missing in transit apparently! Too many thieving twonks about! But in ALL the delivery companies, and not just RM. Sad really that you can't trust people. The latest for me was a post card stating that I owed money for an item waiting at the post office! Turned out ai owed about 90p in Import tax! But around £15 for a handling fee :o robbing gets :angry:

Had exactly the same happen to me ,and did the same as yourself.

johnnie

I run a small business, posting 2-300 packages a month. I have tried most couriers and have come back to the post office. Firstly they are the cheapest. They deliver 6 days a week and offer more compensation then say fedex for a standard package, which fedex would charge double the delivery for. They collect from my home daily and i get a problem probably every second month, in most cases when the customer commits fraud when the posty signs for the package and the customer claims it was never delivered. Their emails and discussion is almost the same every time, they know i know they have the package and there is nothing i can do. the post office flag it as possible fraud against their address, and in time these things catch up with them.

Bottom line i think is the post office move more packages and letters then any of the other couriers, probably more than the rest put together, and they get a huge percentage right, it is annoying when some are delayed, it happens, but look on you tube about couriers lobbing packages over fences or steeling other packages, and they become so much better, or at least that is my experience with them.

Of late Royal Mail have let me down in both delivering items I have sent and item delivered to me.

One item sent using 2nd Class signed for went missing for 10 days. The recipient, while tidying his garden, found it under a set of chairs (no card through door)

Three items delivered to me, all to be signed for, one was left behind a garden ornament, therefore unsigned by me, the other two put through the letter box and signed as delivered by the postman.

Edited by B25Modelman

I ordered a book for a friend for christmas in November only to be told a week before christmas it was out of stock. After a quick rethink ordered him a new gunslip from Tidepool just 4 days before christmas . It arrived 2 days before the big day. Fast turn around from Tidepool and quick delivery from the PO. Top marks from both of you.