Dog insurance

poppythedog

Guest Mr Pieman

Poppy,

Petplan are very good. They give good cover and will continue to re insure for ailments that last over a year - several policies won't renew you if your dog ends up contracting a lifelong disability etc.

They insured my disaster search and rescue dog so can't imagine gun dogs being a problem!!

PP

Poppy,

In My opinion Petplan are the best... I have had other policies for my springer and cockers but always came back to petplan...

Other policies promise alot and appear cheaper on the face of it...

Some companies offer a low premium at start up and then you get inscesant post week after week offering this and that for extra premium...

Talk to your vet also as some are readily accepted where others are not...

A few years back I was in for Vets bills of £2500 for surgery and aftercare on one of my springers. Pet plan settled with the vetinary practice no quibble.

My advise to you is to read the small print... Make sure that the cover is adequate for the dogs use and the sort of injuries he might sustain... and if you care about your dog dont compromise on the cost of the premium by trying to shave a couple of quid off per month ( You only get what you pay for in this life... and the dogs...!!)

FM

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I use petplan,haven't had to claim for a dog (luckily) but my cat got run over 2 yrs ago! and now is on different treatments for the forseeable future!!!!

apparently petplan is one of the few who cover animals long term!

which is good as most companies decline your renewal if your dog gets too ill or old!!!

worth checking out the small print with the companies , as its said you get what you pay for!!

ps my ESS costs about £21 a month, cheers acs.