So I am going to build a mini tractor

rovercoupe

I dont need one or really have the time to build one but i stumbled across a image on the net of a guy who had built his own mini tractor and i just had to get involved! So with some time off work this week I have started on the build, so far the only things to buy is the steering box and a seat, i have most of the other parts from my digger build that is no longer needed so if anyone cares here we go.

image_zps8iztvnil.jpeg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The final stage was to get rid of the power steering pump for a proper hydraulic pump and a grader bucket, it now was the size of a bus and weighed a ton, would dig up half the garden in one scoop and needed 120kg just in front weights to stop it tipping over. So now comes the next stage, make it smaller and build attachments like a splitter that fits on the back as well as a backhoe and for kicks a snow plough. Will post more pictures tomorrow once its light.

Right then today was a bit less fruitful than I wanted to be but its getting there! Mostly forgot that I had not actually mounted the engine down and other annoying bits like that but the major stuff is done and there is tempory steering as the box I want to use on this has not arrived yet. It drives and all I can say is that it was well worth spending a day making sure the drivetrain lined up and was tight as it feels like a totally different beast now. Tomorrow brings more hydraulic stuff and a tempory seat, I would like one of those old style cast iron seats but they seem to be a collectors thing now which is a shame but one will turn up.

image_zpsycyteoqc.jpeg

image_zpsde41ycmj.jpeg

Only had a few hours to work on this but got a bonnet roughly made and made up some links whilst waiting for some track rod ends to be delivered and it now has forwards and reverse by foot pedal. Took it for a test drive and it all works as it should. Going to have to wait for parts before I can do much more, got hoses, track rods for steering and drive coming and still waiting for the correct steering box to arrive. Might finish the log splitter and backhoe tomorrow.

image_zpsbreccipt.jpeg

image_zps626dha9s.jpeg