So I am going to build a mini tractor

rovercoupe

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got some goodies in the post this week so had a bit of time to get this thing somewhere near finished, new hoses and some new front wheels as the old ones were too wide and did not steer! Also got the proper steering box on, from a merc! Found some track rod ends from a go cart place that were perfect as all the car ones are just too big and they work perfectly.

image_zps1d8ddsbl.jpeg

image_zpsvgy3qchq.jpeg

image_zpssl9lgyam.jpeg

image_zpsebfp9bsf.jpeg

Still got lotsof little bits to finish off but its coming together and it runs and drives like a dream, crazy amounts of torque and not too fast. Still thinking on paint colours, i did buy some kubota orange but kind of liking the more subtle primer colours.

Trailer, leaf sweeper, ground ripper, backhoe and log splitter to follow.......

Still got lotsof little bits to finish off but its coming together and it runs and drives like a dream, crazy amounts of torque and not too fast. Still thinking on paint colours, i did buy some kubota orange but kind of liking the more subtle primer colours.

Trailer, leaf sweeper, ground ripper, backhoe and log splitter to follow.......

Seat Cushion first.

• 4 weeks later...

Gave it its first proper run yesterday and found some teathing issues,

Once the oil is warm I think the intake hose is deforming restricting the flow reducing the output or once soft the hose is leaking letting air in and causing above problem

The engine still is not right, starts and runs but will stall suddenly under load well below what it used to so going to have to investigate that but it could be quite a few things. First noticed this when testing the log splitter, it was stalling suddenly and would not split logs that I split the same ones the other month.

Apart from that the trailer is hooked up and it brought some muck into the garden without me having to carry it so that was a bonus!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well the tractor has been working great and today got a ground rippper made and put some front weights on as it was a little prone to flipping up!

Ripper has worked a treat but all is not well in pump land, the pressure was peaking at 60bar and not going any higher so spent a few hours checking valves and then pulling the pump off and sure enough i have blown a seal. Not bad considering its running whatever oil I have to hand and there is no filter so the oil is full of dirt!

image_zpsnjl3ijyp.jpeg

image_zpsnvhq5ug0.jpeg