The bonus goose

Big Al

Great excitement and I cant blame you.When such excitement is not there its time to pack it in.I loved the vid and all your others too.Long live the excitement..

Thanks greylag. That's a fair point - I'm not one for whooping and hollering in the shooting field. But that was genuine excitement! If I got a shot at a goose every fortnight the response would be more restrained.

Thanks greylag. That's a fair point - I'm not one for whooping and hollering in the shooting field. But that was genuine excitement! If I got a shot at a goose every fortnight the response would be more restrained.

Nice one Alan, fair play to you. I think you hit the nail on the head there with regards shooting geese on a regular basis, You would not feel that excitment every time as it would become monntonous after awhile. Again well done' Geninely happy for you.

As for me and the Gopro' it nearly got bashed of a wall earlier these year. I shot a nice Right and left at very hard won Greys and will probably be the last Deny's will ever retrieve and thought I had it all om Camera but when I checked I had a blurry photo instead. It seems to go right for me when nothing is actually happening and then when something does It doesnt work out. Not the first time its happemed and also the sound quality is **** with the waterproof cover on as I was trying to do some talking on a few clips but when played back I could not hear it.

Again well done on your Goose .

Thanks to you all for your comments.

The number of "real" wildfowlers who have responded has made me reflect on my own shooting identity - especially as I have now entered my 50th year. I shoot many quarry species - pheasant corvid pigeons in particular - but none match up to wildfowl in my humble opinion. I love my duck shooting and goose shooting on Lough neagh, but I miss the foreshore. I miss the unforgiving nature and sheer brutality of it. The sounds the sights and the stinking smell. I will return.

Keith - I rarely use the completely waterproof cover - the cover with vents for sound is adequate for most situations, even light rain. The sound is much better. I still use my old chilli cam for pheasants but all my duck (and the goose clip) were recorded with the sj4000 with the vented cover. I also switch it on before putting it on my head to be sure it's recording. I just leave it on all the time - battery life is about an hour but I carry a couple of spares. Persevere - you'll be glad of it over the summer months while dreaming of stormy winter flights!

Brilliant!

Your dog leaves a wake like a jet ski, how strong is that canine!

Thanks mate - he's a bit of a horse alright! A good big fowling lab. I hope to get a pup out of him soon.

He also pointed a pheasant on Saturday past and that was a new trick for him!

Thanks to you all for your comments.

The number of "real" wildfowlers who have responded has made me reflect on my own shooting identity - especially as I have now entered my 50th year. I shoot many quarry species - pheasant corvid pigeons in particular - but none match up to wildfowl in my humble opinion. I love my duck shooting and goose shooting on Lough neagh, but I miss the foreshore. I miss the unforgiving nature and sheer brutality of it. The sounds the sights and the stinking smell. I will return.

Keith - I rarely use the completely waterproof cover - the cover with vents for sound is adequate for most situations, even light rain. The sound is much better. I still use my old chilli cam for pheasants but all my duck (and the goose clip) were recorded with the sj4000 with the vented cover. I also switch it on before putting it on my head to be sure it's recording. I just leave it on all the time - battery life is about an hour but I carry a couple of spares. Persevere - you'll be glad of it over the summer months while dreaming of stormy winter flights!

Cheers for the advice Alan. It is all to easy to blame the equipment when in reality it is down to my incompetence.

Keep your great vid's coming. Always a joy to watch. :good: