Shotgun checkering - again

Tedward

Hi all,

I have a Cashmore side by side with half decent timber on it. However, the barrels are pitted - but it still shoots well (for me).

At some point in it's long and checkered career (see what I did there!) the checkering has been poorly re-cut or cleaned up.

My quandary is that in view of it's low monetary value (albeit not for sale) do I try to improve it cosmetically, or just carry on using as is.

So can anyone give me a very ball park figure for bringing it back to an aesthetically acceptable condition, not an exhibition standard finish ?

And finally can you legally post a stock and fore-end ?

thanks for any advice,

Tedward.

Hi all,

I have a Cashmore side by side with half decent timber on it. However, the barrels are pitted - but it still shoots well (for me).

At some point in it's long and checkered career (see what I did there!) the checkering has been poorly re-cut or cleaned up.

My quandary is that in view of it's low monetary value (albeit not for sale) do I try to improve it cosmetically, or just carry on using as is.

So can anyone give me a very ball park figure for bringing it back to an aesthetically acceptable condition, not an exhibition standard finish ?

And finally can you legally post a stock and fore-end ?

thanks for any advice,

Tedward.

I'm pretty sure you can post a stock and forend, only bits of wood?