What a waste

old'un

Just out of interest if you have a legal one in your car in England and travel over the boarder into Scotland, how does that work?

Although you are legal when in England as soon as you cross the boarder you are then braking the law of the land (Scotland) you will need a visitor license no doubt.

All part of jimmy krankie's build-up to them becoming independent

Edited by old'un

Well I hope they have stopped all the supermarkets from selling Kitchen knives , and Screwfix and the like from selling Machetes!

And as we all know, a flat bladed screwdriver with a six inch shank is a Killer . The Police should be outside every store for when they are bought!!!

Pathetic political correctness, backed up by spineless civil servants kissing the posterior of their superiors ,in order to stay in a job!

Well I hope they have stopped all the supermarkets from selling Kitchen knives , and Screwfix and the like from selling Machetes!

And as we all know, a flat bladed screwdriver with a six inch shank is a Killer . The Police should be outside every store for when they are bought!!!

Pathetic political correctness, backed up by spineless civil servants kissing the posterior of their superiors ,in order to stay in a job!

Don't hold back, tell us what you really think of them 😉

Its just barmy. For £400 , you can own a Excalibur Crossbow , which shoots 400 grain bolts at 320 ft/per second.90.97 ft/lbs

I know I have one! With a Hawke xb30 scope , I can put six bolts within a 3 circle at 50 yds. Licence required where in the UK?

So it is a shame all those people have had to hand in air rifles /.guns needlessly .

Whatever next , slingshots ? :/

"Every weapon handed in had the potential to cause serious harm within our communities if misused, and to have more than 11,000 fewer weapons in existence has made Scotland a safer place."

Arh...the word weapon, must make it sound better to Joe Public.... :rolleyes:

It happened in Durham a few years ago, two coppers selling seized handguns to crims. Both kicked off the force and given jail time IIRC

Handguns..?

Sad thing is this is coming to England and it's likely there is little we can do to stop it. I believe a working party from England was looking at how it has been implemented.

The support for the license bandied " half a million guns on our streets " well only 11,000 handed in sounds like a complete failure.

Despite this, I'd prepare to have this rammed down our throats shortly. They only need a popular excuse and how long will it take for some brain dead moron to shoot fluffy the oldest cat in Lincolnshire or some other rubbish.

They didn't get his name quite right - should be 'Gormless'.

In short; pure drivel:

He added: "Every weapon handed in had the potential to cause serious harm within our communities if misused, and to have more than 11,000 fewer weapons in existence has made Scotland a safer place.

So has every knife and fork in the kitchen of every household!! I wonder when those are going to be banned :mad::mad::mad::mad:

John :unhappy:

• 3 weeks later...

Saw on the TV last night the family of the baby, shot with an air rifle by their landlord, appealing for air rifles to be banned. This was a tragic event and the child still has that pellet lodged in it's brain. This stupid person has been punished, but the wheels are now in motion. The TV reporter spoke of a 3 ft long weapon. They will be setting up a social media campaign for licencing to be debated in parliament. As with all knee jerk reactions, it will be the responsible owners, who will be hit and demonised.

Edited by kenj

I gave a Gat to my 14 yo nephew, my sister treated it like I was trying to turn him into an assassin.

Another time we had a party and I set up targets for the kids to shoot in the garden, all safe, with an air rifle, one kid refused to touch the air rifle, he freaked out. I was mad for air guns as a kid, used to prefer the gun page to the bra and knickers pages in my mam's Grattans and Littlewoods Catalogues.... how times have changed.

Edited by nabbers

• 1 month later...

My pal brought me his family air guns on New Years Eve to stay legal with Nasty Nicolla, a Feinwerkbau Sport 127. .22 in beautiful condition, with an A.S.I 4x40 scope, also a Crossman pump up air pistol, this seems unused in it,s original box but it seems to need a seal, as it will not develop pressure, I do not know how to dismantle this , any thoughts, ?

Is it the Crossman 1377 type? I've had one of those since about 1977 and you just tap out the folded steel pin at the front which secures the pump mechanism. As I recall from replacing the pump seal about twenty years ago, it just slides out and you can replace the plastic piston bit. I think I got the replacement from Chambers. It was no big deal. I think Chambers had a diagram online which shows the way it all goes together. It's a good little pistol that. There is small aluminium cylindrical plug inside which reduces the air chamber capacity, making it UK compliant. Don't forget to put that back inside or you may end up doing jail time.

Edited by Evilv

The big UK problem is that instead of accepting that a few people are stupid morons and criminal freaks and punishing them severely, we treat everyone like a complete idiot and a moral leper and ban perfectly ordinary things when some horrible event happens. Strangely, you can still run people over through carelessness and escape more or less unpunished. So we have a problem of certain groups of teen-aged gang members stabbing people in some cities and possession of just about any bladed implement in a public place becomes a strict liability offense with a five year jail term attached - no matter who you are. So we have scenes of a chef stopped in a traffic stop in Penrith on his way to do a sausage stand at a local fair being charged and tried in the Crown Court because he had a roll of chefs knives in the boot of his car. This country's law making is in the hands of complete fools and idiots.

Makes me mad, the plonkers in the photo posing as if they have saved the planet, I can just imaging the meeting room, discussing who would be the best to do the posing.

How many of those air rifles, pistols, crossbows or anything else they care to brag about have been handed in by criminals.

I'd put my wages that its bloody ZERO...

So called clever people without an ounce of common sense.

Agreed the bad lads will not hand their weapons in.