Any one detest New Years ever

washerboy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've lived in Hampshire for 12 years mate,it's the norm on New Years Eve to charge entry,we all have choices mate,pay or stay away,simples.

And to be honest if u grumble at paying a fiver or tenner entry,your probably not going to put the sort of cash over the bar they would expect.

Edited by Bluebarrels

Can't stand it. Especially this year as I'm due to start work at 11pm.

I did 12 of my first 16 years on nights at NYE. It got progressively worse as the years went on and became a real PITA.

"Bonne courage!" Ozzy as we say over here. Hope you have a safe one if not a quiet one

then get woken by the ********* fireworks :mad:

That always gets me just drop off to sleep and BANG BANG BANG although having said that tonight is the one night that I would allow fireworks apart from tonight I would ban the bloody things unless they can make quiet ones it really peas me off someone gets married lets have fireworks someone has a birthday lets have fireworks now I am not a killjoy have your party but why the hell do me and my dogs have to suffer for your fun.

It seems that it is generally the young that go out to party. Once a mortgage and kids come along it is just too expensive and too much hassle to be bothered with. You can't drink and drive and people are wrecked next day. It's dead outside so everyone must either be watching it on Tele or in bed. I'd rather spend the money on shooting, something that gives me a whole lot more pleasure. There's over 200 of us on this site who aren't out getting tanked up.

Edited by fortune

It seems that it is generally the young that go out to party. Once a mortgage and kids come along it is just too expensive and too much hassle to be bothered with. You can't drink and drive and people are wrecked next day. It's dead outside so everyone must either be watching it on Tele or in bed. I'd rather spend the money on shooting, something that gives me a whole lot more pleasure. There's over 200 of us on this site who aren't out getting tanked up.

Only because some of us are on a 12 hour shift :lol::lol: BB

Normal go to bed and just sleep through this in bed but can't sleep with the fireworks

Is KARMA not a wonderful thing :lol: 18 years ago I bought a 'cake' off a mate to let off @ 12 midnight. Not heard other fireworks on NYE before and thought 'why not' when the cake started me an my wife were crying with laughter and hiding in the house at the same time expecting angry neighbours to come knocking the door. It was awesome car alarms going off and roof tiles rattling. The next year there were a few more joined in and now its louder than Nov 5. I have had my share of working new years day and often think I should have left the cake with my mate. All good tho :good: have a happy new year.

This thread is the ultimate self-fulfilling prophecy since tonight 100% of the supprorting posters are on PW with their keyboards whilst 100% of the counterargument is out having fun with their friends.

Do you mean a life :whistling:

This thread is the ultimate self-fulfilling prophecy since tonight 100% of the supprorting posters are on PW with their keyboards whilst 100% of the counterargument is out having fun with their friends.

Wrong. Went next door and had a very nice civilised evening, a few drinks and plenty of food finished off at midnight with a bottle of decent bubbly. No need for senseless excesses.

Happy 2017 one and all.