Walking boots

foxnet22

Meindl Bhutan all day long, I've been wearing them for beating and deer stalking for over 5 years and there really comfortable and hard wearing. Whatever boots you decide to go with try seeing if go-outdoors sell them and if so they'll beat any price you find them for by 10%, it only takes 5 minutes of your time. Good luck

I bought a pair of karrimor SF boots.

They are the current issue cold, wet weather army boots.

I have to say they are fantastic.

Vibram sole, full gortex and thermal lined.

I bought them as a stop gap because they were half the price of the big, premium boots.

But I won't be rushing out to buy any boots now.

They are not the same crappy karrimor that sports direct sell either.

I'm a heavy user of walking boots - shooting, beating and dog walking - and I took a punt at Mammut when Go Outdoors had a sale and have had 4 years excellent use. Even now the only visible flaw is a slight lifting of a small piece of rubber where it meets leather upper. I trimmed this off with a sharp knife to reduce chance of more damage and all is good. Very comfortable.

Scarpa! Been a loyal fan for many years.

+1 they have a range of boots in price also they have a range of fitting widths. I had to renew my 12 year old boots last year as they were beginning to let I water no matter how well dubbin or other water proofing was applied. Keep them clean & proofed and will last for years.

What will have been gleaned from this thread is there is no definite answer to what is the best boot. Most of the big manufacturers have been mentioned and they all make decent boots. What i think is more important is where you can get these types of boots at the right price. I have bought many boots over the years and really like getting a deal at the right price. I have bought from high street stores I have bought on line, I have bought really good boots from TK Maxx at really low prices in the past (once got a pair of Ecco brand Gortex boots for £37 in there, £200 in Ecco high street shores). I have also bought from Go Outdoors and have touched lucky for one off bargains in there, but as a rule you can do better than them. The internet is your friend here, especially at this time of year. Blacks, Tiso, and Cotswolds Outdoors all have sale sections with bargains in them (usually at better prices than in store). You could also try "sportshoes.com" they have some really good deals on walk boots at the moment.

I always buy Salomon, this last pair I've had 5yrs,great study,light weight boot.Usually spend around £120_160.

Same here so much so I've just brought a new pair from go outdoors, they were priced at £110 but whilst in store I found them online for £86 so go outdoors price matched them plus 10% so only paid £75 for them. Gaynors of Ambleside always have good deals on Salomon boots and it was there website that I used for the price match deal at Go outdoors.

7320F0D4-CD1D-4DA6-A915-48DBB1743EFC.png

B3BA3D2D-D3A5-4569-BF23-F20306B4769E.png

Edited by Wiggum