Springer proof scope?

Elmer Fudd.

The thread title made me smile.

I used to have a 'springer proof' scope but not they type you mean. My springer spaniel was a sod for treading all over the gun if it was laid down. She seemed unwittingly attracted to the gun whenever I put it down at the side of me. And she has paws like a shire horse. In the end I had to put it up, i.e. butt on the ground, laid over my shoulder whenever I was waiting for the squirrels to come in. She's the same with fishing rods. On the rest no problem, but if I lay one on the floor she'll cross four counties to walk all over it. :lol:

no airgun will destroy a scope that's just a myth

I have had hw80 air guns at 35ftlb with cheap 3-9-40 scopes on and had no issues for years

I have a friend with a 308 and he uses a cheap 3-9-50 scope and has shot hundreds of deer and hundreds of rounds at targets and the scope has never missed a beat

Im not knocking your opinion however I personally would never buy a second hand scope if I knew it had been on a spring airgun. Iv seen the results from two identical scopes, one I put on my airgun the other on 22 rf. I will let you guess which one is still going strong!

Edited by zipdog

I think it is all down to the 'springer' and how cheaply made that is. I have a TX200 and that hardly moves when fired. It is heavy though. I have just put a Hawke AMX IR on it but for the last seven months and probably close to a hundred shots I have had just ordinary scopes on it, with no problem. The ordinary scopes can now go back on my vermin/deer rifles.