Testing out a ShotKam on High Pheasant at Powis Castle

Duffryn

The bird on 0.59s, looks like you clipped it? Or hit the tail? It's really hard to tell how far off you were. Great footage though

And 1.17s missed behind? But couldn't have been by much? Interesting to watch!

Yes clipped at 59s , the one at 1.17s looks like I missed in front

Edited by Duffryn

I struggled to see how you'd missed apart from the line...couldn't really see the shot behind the birds etc and some looked like you should have hit them in theory!

As you run it alongside a go pro I can see you will be able to gain something from it but on its own with no perspective of the distance/surrounding I think it's pretty useless if I'm honest, but fun to watch none the less as your videos are!!

The amount of shooting you do/shots fired and the practice you get at driven pheasants etc I'd have thought you could make adjustments yourself drive on drive (more/less lead/experiment with line) and get the desired affect to start hitting more consistently, but that definitely comes to some people a lot more naturally than others.

It's so easy to keep firing in the same place/the same way and not adjust even though you're missing!

Did you find the instructor you had with you on one of your videos made a real difference or think you would have shot equally as well without him?

I struggled to see how you'd missed apart from the line...couldn't really see the shot behind the birds etc and some looked like you should have hit them in theory!

As you run it alongside a go pro I can see you will be able to gain something from it but on its own with no perspective of the distance/surrounding I think it's pretty useless if I'm honest, but fun to watch none the less as your videos are!!

The amount of shooting you do/shots fired and the practice you get at driven pheasants etc I'd have thought you could make adjustments yourself drive on drive (more/less lead/experiment with line) and get the desired affect to start hitting more consistently, but that definitely comes to some people a lot more naturally than others.

It's so easy to keep firing in the same place/the same way and not adjust even though you're missing!

Did you find the instructor you had with you on one of your videos made a real difference or think you would have shot equally as well without him?

It's easier to see when the video is slowed down. I've just had a second day using it so will post some frame by frame shots from that. On the extreme pheasant day I think the instructor really helped, more than anything else because I had never seen birds like that and he was able to give instruction there and then. I am not saying for one second that a shotKam is better than an instructor but I do feel that it is a great additional support and as you say a good bit of fun too.