KwikFit Add On Night Vision rigs - reduced prices for 2017

Dave-G

evening all

just thought I would add a note to this thread, I bought my unit in may from Dave and it is superb, I've been really impressed with how sturdy it is once fitted, both the screen and the camera. and also the clarity and distance that it's capable of.

I have used it on my .22lr, .17hmr and I now have a rail fitted to my .222 rem.

last Friday I did develop what I thought was an issue as when I got out in the field and turned on the unit only the ir worked, the screen did not come on at all.

initially I thought maybe the unit had been put away turned on and the batteries were flat, but when I put them in the charger they were fully charged.

I contacted Dave and we chatted about the possible issues and agreed that I should try a different brand of battery, which I have done this evening and it worked fine.

the batteries I bought initially were from torchy the battery boy, and as I said only the ir worked. the two batteries that power the screen would not work whatsoever, even when placed in the ir position.

I bought them from torchy as I had read that lots of people use them, but my experience of them in my night vision has left me very disappointed and out of pocket.

I spoke to Dave again earlier this evening to let him know the other batteries I tried were okay and that there is no fault with the unit and he gave  me a link to the batteries he recommended, so I have ordered them instead.

many thanks to Dave for taking my calls and it's good to know that his after sales help is top drawer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Dave.

Are you still busy with the nv builds? I might want to order one this Saturday if possible.             

It's for a xmas present. For an uncle of his daughter's they want me to order it and they will pay with PayPal on Saturday. 

He wants the add on with 50mm evo and the screw in camera module for a MTC Viper scope.

I'll confirm the order and pay on Saturday if you are still building them.

Cheers

Steve

Hi steve, Still just about active on them thanks mate.

Sorry but I don't have any knowledge of the MTC Viper thread, and I believe the diameter of the eyebell is about 47mm - a tad too big for my newest adaptor which only fits up to 46mm eyebells. :no:

2 hours ago, ste eibar said:

Hi Dave.

Dave I've got one of your kits with a screw in camera module on my viper scope do you not make them now?

Ah - If you mean you have one of these that I had made for MTC Mamba scopes then yes I still have some. :good:

I had no idea they also fit MTC Viper scopes - which I'm told have larger eyebells.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGB_nFx_KIU

• 2 weeks later...

................. Those new brighter 810nm IR pills................. 

I can hard wire either of two different brands of 810nm IR pills that have recently become available for the EVO torches that I currently use in my builds for anyone wanting less covert and more easily seen brighter illumination than I personally think is needed for NV hunting - unless intending to shoot extreme ranges where the extra light is less likely to spook quarry.

I have no experience of either pill and do not anticipate tying up retirement funds to carry them in stock: I will hardwire either of the following new 810nm IR LED pills into a rig if the buyer sends me one - or has a supplier send me one. 

https://torchfactory.com/evo-asx-pill

http://www.nightvisionstore.co.uk/black-sun-ruby-ir-pill-for-nm-clone-c2x24815276

I'll extend the same offer to anyone with one of my integrated torch rigs: If they send the main module to me with the relevant replacement pill - and puts a tenner in the box to cover return RMSD to UK postcodes - or nips along and wait while I fit it. 

Note: I retain the old one for future projects or developments: They are not well suited for use in regular torches after I have modified them to suit my integrated illuminators anyway.

Edited by Dave-G

2 hours ago, clawback07 said:

Hi Dave 

After doing extensive research and looking at lots of reviews , I think your basic kit is the ideal package for me ,for ratting and subsonic shooting rabbits ,and would therefore like to order one from you . 

Looking forward to hearing from you 

Robin .

you won't be sorry with it, believe me

No apologies need my 'ansum - and thanks for the referal. :good:

I understand a lot of people find FB easier. I think it just this old bloke who struggles with it, being quite a late starter to online stuff. I still use a Nokia 6310i :lol:

Edited by Dave-G

• 2 weeks later...

Hi belly 47

I was at a shoot today and mentioned to a few of my mates about purchasing one of Dave -G 's kits , and his products apparently speak for themselves in a very positive manner so I can't wait !

Thanks ! 

Robin

Hi Dave .

Just to let you know I got the kit on Monday and batteries and charger came on Tuesday ! I am now suffering from hypothermia as I have been trying it out all evening and as previous posters have said it a terrific piece of equipment ! Your build quality is top class and the setting up on the rifle was easy even the first time . As for the quality of the image through the scope - it is razor sharp and more than adequate for rabbits out to 90 /100 yards .Next week I have a farm yard with a rat problem to tackle and I can't wait ! 

I cannot fault this night vision set up and for the money it's great value .

Thanks again Dave 

Robin.