Dave-G

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello dave 

I've hit a bit of a problem getting my nv kit ready for tonight's outing. 

I've somehow managed to get a menu screen up on the monitor. Do you have any idea how to get it off? Or can you pm me the monitor name and model so I can do a search. 

Cheers

Steve.

Forget this mate I've sorted it. 

It was the camera menu not the monitor. 

Edited by ste eibar

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update as we can't edit old sales posts:

I now carry the upgrade more powerfull triple mode IR pills shown below as optional extras at £25 if ordered with the QwikFit rig (And spotters too)

I will update any older EVO torch rigs out there with either for £40 to include return RMSD post and packing. I retain the one's I remove as they have been modified and are not suited to put in a torch etc.

http://www.nightvisionstore.co.uk/black-sun-ir-pill-for-nm-clone-c2x24968004

Clive also makes me custom Black Sun Ruby IR pills for EVO torches that are not listed on his site. The Ruby pills are more visible with greater range but therefore less covert.

• 4 weeks later...

Good question lol, I've been meaning to update this thread with new prices and specs:

The base price is £240 with integrated torch tube and Oslon Black 4715AS 3 memory mode 850nm pill: Without a torch head for close range ratting.
QWIK%20AD%20-%20Copy_zpsxyxgpnzu.jpg

Or as follows with the following EVO torch heads:
£260 with a 38mm torch head. Suited for air and 22lr range at typically low scope mag
£270 with a 50mm torch head. Suited for HMR range shooting, typically below 10 scope mag.
£280 with a 67mm torch head: Suited for + 10 scope mag typically used for foxing.
£290 with a 75mm torch head: Suited for longer range foxing at higher scope mag - will foul the front bell of a 56mm lens scope.

New optional extras:
Fitted with Black Sun IR pill + £25
Fitted with Black Sun Ruby pill + 25

The default layout is for a right handed shooter who would activate the switches with his left hand. The layout can be reversed for lefties.
QWIKFIT%20ADD%20ON%20-%20Copy_zpsggh5zme

The two seriously quiet latching push switches have been moved below the battery/monitor pod, the inner switch is the optics. They are positioned close together so they can be pressed simultaneously or individually: There will be occasions when the rig can be used covertly during that 'in between light' that's not quite enough for the human eye but there is still stacks of IR light at dusk or dawn - or bright moonlight at low ranges without using the illuminator.

The three power modes of the illuminator are selected using the outer switch in the same way that noisy click tail cap switches are used in 'T' torches. My silent IR power switch is much better for very close bunnies that have gurt big ears. The switch is conveniently positioned within thumb reach of the left hand that cradles the forestock. This means the rifle can be shouldered before silently turning on the IR which is often not thought about because the light is not seen from behind the scope.

The beam can be zoomed tight/long distance or wide/short distance by rotating the head of the torch.

The rig takes 3 FLAT TOP 18650 rechargeable batteries - not supplied, and best removed when not in use: If something happens to any of them its very easy to change without losing use of the rig for a few days while the failure is repaired - and I don't get sued if one goes bang. I personally use 'free' cells from recovered laptop battery packs - but if you don't have one to pull apart these are a good value buy:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222204405077

And these are about the best you can get:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-Panasonic-3400mAh-NCR18650B-Unprotected-Li-ion-3-6v-Rechargeable-Batteries/181982425865?hash=item2a5eff7309:g:a-EAAOSw8d9Usuly

They are easily fitted and changed in seconds, this is how to access the electronics box:

The very highly rated genuine KPC E700 camera is located in the rear part of my unique and original design DSA which comes with four split collars. It will suit scope eye bell diameters up to a maximum 46mm (Now fits over MTC knuckles) the collars can be used on top of each other if required. The clamping forces of the thumbkey strap Day Scope Camera Adaptor is staggering... You can even lift the rifle with it -  though that is highly unlikely to be done by anyone not showing how the clamping force keeps the crosshair centre screen.  :lol:Or someone borrowing my demo idea elsewhere.

The rear most threaded part is a tight friction fit into the camera adaptor - pull it out real hard if you need to extend the eye relief or focus
the camera lens - but draw some of the captive cabling back under from under the cable retaining O-ring in the groove first.
DSCA%20parts_zpswn9trjpe.jpg

A three core ribbon cable passes between the two modules: I have deliberately made it long enough to fit longer scopes and wrapping it around the scope avoids it getting snagged in the dark. The connecting plug has a peg so you dont fit it the wrong way - I fit the socket so the white wire is on the right hand side: White is easier to see in the dark, just mentally think: white to the right.

Experience has shown the batteries can sometimes shift slightly under hard recoil from some centrefire rifles, so I will not claim they are suited for hard recoil centrefire use. However I'm pleased to say I eventually found found some tighter 18650 battery carriers that seem to be doing a much better job at retaining them: To the point that one sometimes needs to assist the neutral coil spring push the cell onto the positive terminal by sliding it 'forwards' by thumb.  They are best removed when not in use because the power switches have a very light and silent action that can be  accidentally left on to discharge the batteries. Its also a very good idea to recharge them after every use anyway.

I prefer people to ask for one on this sales thread - then via PM as it helps my old brain keep track of who had what and when.

RMSD is £13.

Bottom line disclaimer: The monitors are not rain proof - sorry but I cannot accept water damaged monitors as a warranty issue: Replacements are £30.

Edited by Dave-G

• 1 month later...

As from April 2018 the 5" 800x480 monitors in my rigs will have the clear screen protector replaced with neutral density filters fitted between the screen and outer moulding. This allows less than 20% of the usual LED backlight glare through without applying any tint. 

I currently reduce the brightness of the monitors to about 5% but this may be revised if customer feedback suggests a preference. When initially exploring a new rig in daylight it might appear a little dim. It is best to wait until you can assess it at night while using the illuminator at the high power setting before adjusting the screen brightness using the menu buttons behind the monitor.

• 10 months later...

I'd stopped advertising these early last year because I can't justify buying in another batch of scope adaptors. I have stumbled across a couple of my old slip on adaptors that I've been able to upgrade to the 46mm thumbkey clamp spec, so I can now supply two more if anyone wants them. 

Edited by Dave-G