E/Bayers

guzzicat

I was watching an item on the bay, & noticed the seller did not have 100% feedback, I did a quick check on his feedback,the negative feedback had been left by a buyer because the strap on his watch would not fasten,the watch had sold at £0.99, I kid thee not!

Edited by guzzicat

If he has sold hundreds of items then 99% ant too bad.Its bayers with no very few feedbacks or less than 90% i avoid.

As said bad feed back can be left for the stupidist of reasons.However if someone leaves you neg feedback and you feel it unjust,then ebay can over rule it,if they agree with you.

Some bayers like sell thousands and are bound to have a little bad feedback.

Edited by Davyo

I'm following a user on Ebay that is selling things in the £1000's he keeps getting negative feedback, but then it goes within a day or two and hes back at 100%.

I can see the stuff he is selling is not great, but it sells, he gets negative feedback, then it disappears, and up goes the item again..

over the last 2 months hes must have had 10-15 negatives removed, and his total feedback is only 20, he's also changed names many times.. right dodgy!

I cant work out how he is removing the negative feedback so often?

I'm following a user on Ebay that is selling things in the £1000's he keeps getting negative feedback, but then it goes within a day or two and hes back at 100%.

I can see the stuff he is selling is not great, but it sells, he gets negative feedback, then it disappears, and up goes the item again..

over the last 2 months hes must have had 10-15 negatives removed, and his total feedback is only 20, he's also changed names many times.. right dodgy!

I cant work out how he is removing the negative feedback so often?

Same loser and his mate on a vendetta mission keep leaving negative feed back which is traced back to the same ip address by ebay which is then removed ?!

Same loser and his mate on a vendetta mission keep leaving negative feed back which is traced back to the same ip address by ebay which is then removed ?!

I don't think so, he is a dodgy seller, the stuff he sells has a great add, but in reality its rubbish.

I wanted to buy a thermal base layer for when I go running in the winter. I looked on ebay and found some at a ridiculously low price from a Chinese seller. They don't need to be perfect because they are going to get trashed anyway (wolf run). So I purchased them and I honestly did not expect a great product what with the stigma attached to Chinese products and the price. They arrived and as expected were poor quality with loose stitching. The item description said "high quality product manufactured to a high standard". So I sent photos of the **** thermals and highlighted this point to the seller. The money was back in my account with 24hrs and I was asked not to leave any feedback. My point is that if the item description does not match the product then negative feedback is fair game after the seller has been given an opportunity to put things right. I didn't leave any feedback.

A sold a brand new air filter for a Honda civic type r was in original box and was in its sealed plastic bag the moron who bought it sent bad feed back and said item showed signs of use!!!! Realy when it's still in its sealed plastic bag 😨 ebay just seems to attract idiots

Her good self sells quite a bit of stuff on there and we get some really strange folks , one complaint was that a denim e cig case looked and felt like denim ???, im not quite sure what they actually expected it to feel like.

When my sister returned to the UK from Dubai she had lots of different cake tins (she used to be a prolific cake baker) anyhoos she put them on the bay. Sold lots without any complaints or problems.

Then she sold one which was brand new, had never been used, even had the manufacturers sticker attached. After a week the buyer left negative feedback claiming item was not as advertised. Buyer was told to return the tin and she would be given a refund. (Ebay had supported the buyer)

When the tin arrived back at my sisters it could be clearly seen that it had been used. The sticker had been peeled off and re-fixed but it had not stuck back on properly. There were also two marks on the inner base of the tin which matched exactly the dimensions of a regular carving fork. Go figure? maybe the buyer wanted the tin for a one off bake and having used the thing lodged a complaint to get her money back.

Sister did a search on Face ache, found the women whose motto was "if I can pee in some ones pants then I've had a good day" says it all really.

I once sold a Brady fishing bag in very good condition (clean and unmarked) on fleabay to someone in Germany - withing 24 hours of its arrival I had negative feedback "because it smells of fish" eBay backed the buyer as per usual.

Offered the buyer a full refund if he returned the bag but he refused saying he was using it but the feedback remained!

Always send "signed for" if you sell as so many buyers claim they have not received anything.

My feedback is now not the perfect 100%

It was 700 perfect transactions.

Then some knob bought some of my part used race car tyres off me. 'Slicks' and advertised as racing slicks. Photos showed slicks. Even close up pictures of slicks.

They were collect only and were collected. 2 weeks later he complained that the tyres didn't have any tread and were illegal. They stated not for road use on the sidewalls.

They were full race track tyres

After many emails eBay sided with him and took the money from my PayPal account and he left negative feedback. What really took the wee wee is that if I wanted them back I had to arrange collection.

eBay is banned now in my house

Edited by daz2202

Eight years ago we bought a new van from a Peugeot dealer in Egdware and so I was up early about a month later to take it back for its first free service and I returned home on a bus packed with students going to the local sixth form college.

One gobby little lump of "you know what" was treating the whole bus to how he buys all sorts of stuff on ebay and then claims it never arrived and he gets it all for free. He was giving it large telling everybody how he has about twenty accounts but buys things for 99p for his mum, freezer bag labels and batteries to build up his feedback then hits some poor mug for a £400 lap top.

I was so incensed, even now I can hear his smug voice and see his (very punchable) face. He's probably still at it except he has probably extended his operation to include crash for cash and identity theft.

I brought some rope on eBay, seller despatched with yodel (I should have realised at this point), tracking info then says it's been delivered ! But it hasn't - I chase the seller, he says he will chase yodel , few days later he says he will send another item out. A week later he sends me he same tracking info . I lose patience at this point and open a dispute - eBay have closed it in his favour as he 'provided tracking information' !! I leave negative feedback - eBay then delete this!! I'm appealing this, and the amount is tiny - but if eBay stiff me on this I'm closing my account. I've tried chasing yodel - going round in circles , and the phantom delivery seems to be a speciality of theirs.

Yodel have told me they have a signature, but won't share it with me as I'm not the sender!

I too hate Yodel and have had issues with Hermes but reverse the scenario. What would you do.

Over the Xmas period I had 3 'signed for' packages that the postman signed. I have yet to discuss this with the PO and what their policy is on this.

Edited by B25Modelman

Yodel have told me they have a signature, but won't share it with me as I'm not the sender!

Freedom of information request and tell them your solicitor will be in touch once you receive it and it's not your signature, see if that wakes them up a bit. If you go through with it it'll cost up to 12.50 I belive for the request, and if it went that far you could take them to small claims court for 80, I know it's not financially worth it but the principle is what I'd do it for. Good luck anyway

Freedom of information request and tell them your solicitor will be in touch once you receive it and it's not your signature, see if that wakes them up a bit. If you go through with it it'll cost up to 12.50 I belive for the request, and if it went that far you could take them to small claims court for 80, I know it's not financially worth it but the principle is what I'd do it for. Good luck anyway

Is a courier bound by the FoIA.

Edited by B25Modelman

I too hate Yodel and have had issues with Hermes but reverse the scenario. What would you do.

Over the Xmas period I had 3 'signed for' packages that the postman signed. I have yet to discuss this with the PO and what their policy is on this.

If you actually received the royal mail parcels, the postman may have just been doing you a favour.

We are all eventually going to get stung either by ebay's buyer biased rule, thieving sellers or crooked delivery companies but fortunately in the main it does remain a viable means of buying some otherwise difficult to trace items.

I have personally sold very few items but have so far avoided both being tricked AND ebay's absurd idea that despite being a customer of theirs for a decade or more, I am not trustworthy enough to sell without them holding on to my money for a month before paying me :|:hmm: .

I sold a piano for £800 and the lady buying it immediately paid me via paypal despite me having stated collect and cash only (I know it's against ebay policy), I then contacted her and said ebay won't pay me for a month and she can collect in due course or alter her payment method, she called paypal who said too late, I refunded her instead and she immediately paid me directly into my bank the same day ! Now that would have been a rather perfect ruse had I been so inclined. The piano got collected and I took photo's on my mobile phone.

Another time I sold a computer to a dealer who texted me asking me to deliver it to him on a Sunday because he was too busy :lol: , I texted back informing him of my own sense of self importance - he found time and collected two hours later, anyways because nobody had yet placed a bid I took his cash (again to avoid gross charges and my money being kept hostage) and removed the item from auction.

A few weeks ago I received an e-mail from ebay (still don't know if it was genuine or a scam) telling me they had detected I had not been playing by rules and may terminate me :)which I ignored. If the price for refusing ebay's paypal trick is never having to sell on ebay then that's the route I shall have to take.

Edited by Hamster