Call from the farmer!

Delwint

I text the farmer on my permission as always to say I'd be on the fields this morning. I'd not been set up 10 mins when he calls. Has your dog been in with the sheep!! No was my reply she's been mooching round the field with me whilst I've set some decoys out. Which she had. Well a dog has just attacked a sheep in the field and made a right mess of it. He said he'd confronted a fella with two greyhounds and he denied it so was asking me. I felt awful that he'd asked me but then his land his prerogative. She 100% had not gone in the field with the sheep which was 2 fields away. Anybody had a situation like this? I don't know whether to ring and see if it's ok or just leave it.

Many thanks fellas

Edited by Delwint

Thanks JDog, I did as you suggested. Sheep are ok the farmer said apart from bite wounds to their necks they may or may not lose their lambs. It's turned out after the police turned up it was travellers. No doubt coursing hares, of which there are quite a few here.

Once again thanks for your suggestion

Sorry Kyska, I'm not quite with you, he didn't accuse me he asked me. And that was all I knew up until the phone call to the farmer as JDog suggested. When he then told me he'd jumped in the jeep and found a couple of fellas bundling dogs into the back of a van. Said they were up north. Then Newark. So he took pictures of them in the van and the plates and once the police turned they traced the vehicle to a traveller site. Not diverse I'd like to say quick thinking!!

Sorry Kyska, I'm not quite with you, he didn't accuse me he asked me. And that was all I knew up until the phone call to the farmer as JDog suggested. When he then told me he'd jumped in the jeep and found a couple of fellas bundling dogs into the back of a van. Said they were up north. Then Newark. So he took pictures of them in the van and the plates and once the police turned they traced the vehicle to a traveller site. Not diverse I'd like to say quick thinking!!

I think he means to not prejudge the two travelers (obvious guilty party) and ask you instead.