Victory Cartridges

Got some to try recently, (Starlight, Challenger and Sporter) haven't shot any yet but all have high quality plastic hull and neat crimp. Just a pain sourcing them, especially game loads in FW.

I've been looking to use them before and found from Victory website they don't make a fibre clay cartridge and only 2 fibre game loads. Everything else is plastic

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of what I have at the moment- Starlight and Challenger are P/W. I got some Sporter in fibre/'felt' but it does also come in plastic. I think there's a 36g load in fibre but that's a bit on the heavy side! Victory 'Europa' come in fibre and there's a 30/32g load available- they're the holy grail for me...

• 1 year later...

I really like the 35g victory white rabbits, I emailed victory in Cyprus to ask if they did a fibre version, basically I got the Foxtrot Oscar response, I think that’s crazy not to offer one of their best cartridges in fibre for the UK market, RC oro 35g were such a great high pheasant cartridge and they are discontinued Victory white would have been an excellent replacement 

54 minutes ago, Whitebridges said:

No Problem. :good: Great old fashioned gunsmith. A real Aladdin's Cave. Whatever you do do not browse through the s/h guns unless you're ready for a wallet attack !

I did have a quick Google after you first post and when I saw they didn't have a website I guessed they might be, definitely looking forward to dropping in, and are they that expensive lol? 

20 minutes ago, johnnytheboy said:

I really like the 35g victory white rabbits, I emailed victory in Cyprus to ask if they did a fibre version, basically I got the Foxtrot Oscar response, I think that’s crazy not to offer one of their best cartridges in fibre for the UK market, RC oro 35g were such a great high pheasant cartridge and they are discontinued Victory white would have been an excellent replacement 

If they pattern OK that would be a bonus too, I'll just be happy with the empty boxes haha. 

40 minutes ago, johnnytheboy said:

They do a 36g 6 in fibre if that meets your requirements?

Edit- Just looked on JustCartridges and the the 36g fibres seem to come in 4 and 5 as well

Edited by HW95J

29 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

I did have a quick Google after you first post and when I saw they didn't have a website I guessed they might be, definitely looking forward to dropping in, and are they that expensive lol? 

If they pattern OK that would be a bonus too, I'll just be happy with the empty boxes haha. 

Just smell the oil and grease from the overalls and enjoy the rural experience that is A. Richardson & Son

15 hours ago, johnnytheboy said:

RC now do the HPF3 in 35g & 36g Fibre and it is a very good cartridge.

17 hours ago, Perazzishot said:

Victory Mini Mags are are very good cartridge, probably the best 2 3/4 load out there for geese In there day. Still good for decoyed geese in Scotland! Used them with others on high pheasants too.

Aye use them in Orkney for that purpose and nice soft shooting cartridge. I miss Winchester Superspeed 36's though-shot a lot of geese with them

Not only are Victory a cracking cartridge to shoot, they are  by FAR the best European  plastic shell case.  Unlike Cheddite and Fiochi etc (only good for one reload,) Victory will load 4 or 5 times, They have excellent crimp memory, and the sides are nice and stiff.....they are the closest shell to the Winchester AA, and Remington Peters shells of yesteryear!  I collect every case I can find, they run through the  reloaders (both single stage & progressive) brilliantly! 

1 hour ago, pinfireman said:

Not only are Victory a cracking cartridge to shoot, they are  by FAR the best European  plastic shell case.  Unlike Cheddite and Fiochi etc (only good for one reload,) Victory will load 4 or 5 times, They have excellent crimp memory, and the sides are nice and stiff.....they are the closest shell to the Winchester AA, and Remington Peters shells of yesteryear!  I collect every case I can find, they run through the  reloaders (both single stage & progressive) brilliantly! 

They make the hull themselves rather than buying Cheddite ones like everyone else