Fog forecast tomorrow

dead eye alan

Not unless it lifts , birds wont fly unless they can scan for dangers, they will either sit tight in the trees or just feed around under the trees , not venturing out too far, but if you get set up in the fog and it lifts quickly they will soon come looking , always worth a gamble, just take a big flask of coffee and a good book. :lol::lol:

Well I'm up and ready to go just making the flask and of, thank's for the replies will let you know how it goes later.

Go get em tiger !!

Full report expected later

It really all depends how thick the fog is.

Really thick fog I find a waste of time in the field, but still worth hanging round some woodland (where the birds will be) and flightline shooting.

Lighter fog is OK, but the birds don't usually travel too far from the woods.

The berries are leaving the trees/bushes in my area, following a few very hard frosts, so the birds have got to feed somewhere.

I'm back just got in, went to preferred field only to find that the farmer had put an electric fence round it and put 200 sheep in it! Surprised or what it's dairy and arable as a rule and this field had been left as stubble Went over to another farm to check out the rape thick fog hear as the field has a river by one side, put about 15 birds off it as I got to the gate thinks may be ok to set up so did. A magnet with 2 dead birds on it a flapper with the same and seven on cradles, pore the tea and wait ----------- yep 4 birds strait in tea was balanced on right knee flask in left hand!! spilt the tea down my leg dropped flask grab gun managed 1 with 2 carts. why does this always happen to me. 3 more in the next twenty minutes wow thinks we could be in for a fair day, the fog soon lifted and the birds disappeared !!!!!!!!! Finished with 9 birds for 16 carts a wet leg and a bit disappointed. But that's pigeon shooting for you. :yes:

I'm back just got in, went to preferred field only to find that the farmer had put an electric fence round it and put 200 sheep in it! Surprised or what it's dairy and arable as a rule and this field had been left as stubble Went over to another farm to check out the rape thick fog hear as the field has a river by one side, put about 15 birds off it as I got to the gate thinks may be ok to set up so did. A magnet with 2 dead birds on it a flapper with the same and seven on cradles, pore the tea and wait ----------- yep 4 birds strait in tea was balanced on right knee flask in left hand!! spilt the tea down my leg dropped flask grab gun managed 1 with 2 carts. why does this always happen to me. 3 more in the next twenty minutes wow thinks we could be in for a fair day, the fog soon lifted and the birds disappeared !!!!!!!!! Finished with 9 birds for 16 carts a wet leg and a bit disappointed. But that's pigeon shooting for you. :yes:

Well there you go, you have found out for yourself you CAN decoy pigeons in fog, sound like you were doing better before the fog lifted, but at least you had some shooting well done and like you said that's pigeons for you.