hushpower 20g

hawkfanz

my mate ordered a hushpower o/u 20g from a popular rfd way back in october,it supposedly arrived weeks ago but then had to got for reproofing,he hasn,t heard anything since,,,question is do they have to go for reproofing or is this bull,,,,

I would be suprised if it had to go for reproofing certainly if it was a brand new gun. I've had a brief look on the manufacturers website

http://www.saddleryandgunroom.co.uk/Gunroom/SG_Hushpower.htm and can see no reference to reproofing even when they only supply the moderator to be fitted by others.

Surely the rfd should keep the customer fully informed as to why the need for reproofing and the timescales involved.

Mr Potter

Of course they have to go for reproofing. S&G buy the donor gun then in converting it drill several ports along the length of the barrel to bleed off the propellant gases into the outer tube. This structurally weakens the barrel so the original proof is void. They always seem to struggle to keep them in stock though which is a pain. I would be prepared to buy the Beretta version but they never have them in stock at all.

Of course they have to go for reproofing. S&G buy the donor gun then in converting it drill several ports along the length of the barrel to bleed off the propellant gases into the outer tube. This structurally weakens the barrel so the original proof is void. They always seem to struggle to keep them in stock though which is a pain. I would be prepared to buy the Beretta version but they never have them in stock at all.

as sitsinhedges says they need reproofing due to drilling the barrels had to wait a week or so for my hushpower.

Andrew

Could be that I misunderstood the original poster, Hawkfanz. I read that to read his mate ordered a gun off a local rfd who would source this from the manufacturer. That would seem a suprise that the local rfd would be the one to send it off for reproofing, I would have thought the manucturer would have it proofed before sending it out.

I still stand by my comment that the rfd should keep the customer better informed.

Mr Potter

• 2 weeks later...

just had clarification today on this matter from another rfd who spoke with hushpower,when you order a gun from them it will come to your rfd proofed by the company that do the mod,,so the rfd thats tellin my mate they have to send it for proofing is complete bxxxxxxx.

just had clarification today on this matter from another rfd who spoke with hushpower,when you order a gun from them it will come to your rfd proofed by the company that do the mod,,so the rfd thats tellin my mate they have to send it for proofing is complete bxxxxxxx.

Absolutely correct.

The gun that your mate wants will be available from hushpower in about one month as they are waiting for tube to build the moderators.

It would appear that the other RFD has spun a fairy story!

webber

I depends which RFD is telling you this doesn't it?

I know S&GR only get deliveries from Mossberg every few months, then they manufacture the moderator, it goes to the proof house, then eventually it goes back to S&GR and sent to you.

This sounds like exactly what's happening surely?

If you get lucky they might have one in stock but it doesn't appear that happens very often at the moment I think they struggle to meet demand.

I'd find a dealer who has one in stock if you need it urgently.