So where is the remain campaign now?

Vince Green

The FTSE finished tonight at over 7200, all the indicators for the economy suggests that the UK economy is the fastest growing economy in the world as of end 2016. Even the Bank of England is trying to distance itself from comments made by Mark Carney pre referendum.

Where is the downside? Even people like Clegg and Milliband have fallen strangely silent.

Those who say we absolutely have to stay in the single market are gradually being forced to admit that actually we don't derive any benefit from it and it costs us money.

We don't have to repeal any laws, another lie, what we have we will keep. Most of them are laws we would have passed ourselves anyway.

I think 2017 is going to be a very good year

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been to the supermarket tonight and cans of dog food have gone up 25p in the last few days and coke up from £1 to £1.80.

That's all I bought.

Fuel going up and up.

I think 2017 is going to be a very interesting year. Let's see what happens again in march when the £ is worth less than 1 euro. Glad I don't have shares in holiday companies.

I think I have a OK income with the mrs and I working full time. We've paid off our mortgage so we're not on the breadline. How many are?

Edited by markm

Been to the supermarket tonight and cans of dog food have gone up 25p in the last few days and coke up from £1 to £1.80.

That's all I bought.

Fuel going up and up.

I think 2017 is going to be a very interesting year. Let's see what happens again in march when the £ is worth less than the .

I think I have a OK income with the mrs and I working full time. We've paid off our mortgage so we're not on the breadline. How many are?

Fuel is up Worldwide due to oil increasing from its record low levels I would not draw a comparison to brexit its just what fuel prices do. Coke going up 80% has tickled me. I suggest another outlet as its always on offer. Same with dog food, I get all dogfood online now from bitiba very very competitive.

I have a property in France and when visiting recently was amazed how expensive food was in comparison to the UK now. The Euro is on a very slippy slope so if you think its bad here try Europe. I welcome 2017 and the ongoing brexit journey. Get us out before the entire house of cards falls and we are left bailing it out even more.

Edited by triscrx

A few months after an advisory referendum, a few months before anything actually happens and all is good (just had xmas where people spend).

Let's have another look in 12 months time.

I was remain, but fully accept leave. I do think it's going to be tougher than many think.

The 2 items were all I bought. Looking in the shelves the majority of stuff had gone up. Let's see how the economy goes over the next few months.

Edited by markm

markm I think you are right it will be rocky. Prob more so with the aggressive stance the EU are adopting. For me it was simple to vote OUT given the very different role the EU has now from the trading relationship it was sold as to the public. As it has evolved and more and more incidious laws and regulations have been passed I have become more and more concerned. If the EU was purely about trade that is fine but so many aspects of it have failed on a large scale and to continue to deny this would be crazy.

The French will be next to vote OUT and the Euro in my opinion is doomed long term. Any short term negatives will quickly turn to positives as a sovereign nation with a currency that will in time be seen as a safe investment as the Euro fails is a sound one.

Interesting times ahead

I do wonder how many people who complain have travelled and seen other parts of the world?!

We in the U.K. truly are privileged, people complaining that their Coca Cola has gone up in price, god help us! Nothing at all to do with the proposed sugar tax perhaps? (I genuinely don't know sorry).

From several big EU countries I have been recently they rely massively on tourist money from the like of the UK and similar. Huge parts of their economies are reliant on us doing so well we have money to go off on jollies!

Their standard of living is much lower than ours, we have lots of luxuries (lots of places in Cyprus where I was recently didn't have proper plumbing!)

In Lanzarote the buildings and electrics were utter ****.

From what I am seeing we are miles ahead, all this doom and gloom rubbish! Long may we continue to prosper 👍

markm I think you are right it will be rocky. Prob more so with the aggressive stance the EU are adopting. For me it was simple to vote OUT given the very different role the EU has now from the trading relationship it was sold as to the public. As it has evolved and more and more incidious laws and regulations have been passed I have become more and more concerned. If the EU was purely about trade that is fine but so many aspects of it have failed on a large scale and to continue to deny this would be crazy.

The French will be next to vote OUT and the Euro in my opinion is doomed long term. Any short term negatives will quickly turn to positives as a sovereign nation with a currency that will in time be seen as a safe investment as the Euro fails is a sound one.

Interesting times ahead

In relations to the "EU's stance", there is a very real chance than in 12 months time we will be negotiating with an entirely different set of officials. The parties in power at the moment are running scared.

They could have an entirely difference stance, who knows?

Mr Lloyd90.

Whilst not bragging. I have travelled the world. I have seen many examples of poverty and excess.

My example of Coca Cola, was simply an example. Of course I won't rise to your bait. It was Coca Cola Zero by the way.

The £ is worth nothing world wide. Think about the dollar, the world wide trader, the Euro, another huge currency.

But ya, we will be a world wide success based on our main industry, services.... painting nails and serving pints.

I remember when the vat went from 15% to 20%

I was in ASDA and the floor wipes went from £1 to £1:20 over night.

I said it's crazy to the till girl , her reply was the vats gone up. 5% equals 20p on a pound lol :/ maybe that's why she's a till girl .

It's only a 2p increase but they use it as an excuse

Edited by team tractor

I said it's crazy to the till girl , her reply was the vats gone up. 5% equals 20p on a pound lol :/ maybe that's why she's a till girl .

Much like when we changed over to this new fangled decimal nonsense

The increase to 20% on 4 Jan 2011 was from 17.5% not 15%. So your memory is incorrect. But the till girls explanation is even poorer !

Two senior officials in Austria are intending to serve a proposal to the EU about only allowing asylum seekers to apply from outside the EU and are intending to maintain their non-Schengen border controls with Germany ad infinitum. Germany has admitted that its non-Schengen border controls will remain in place after the EU deadline to remove them. Paul Schultz a hard liner with an alcohol problem has served his term and is being replaced by a more moderate figure from Gibralter and the other hard liner, Junker is under increasing pressure from all sides. France go to the polls in a few months time followed by Holland and Germany. In all three countries the far right are influencing government policy in much the same way that UKIP did.

Theresa May is steadily building her Brexit task force and has remained unswayed by the legal and political attempts to derail the process.

Prices go up and down as a matter of course. That's business. But the world hasn't ended nor is it likely to.

Mr Lloyd90.

Whilst not bragging. I have travelled the world. I have seen many examples of poverty and excess.

My example of Coca Cola, was simply an example. Of course I won't rise to your bait. It was Coca Cola Zero by the way.

The £ is worth nothing world wide. Think about the dollar, the world wide trader, the Euro, another huge currency.

But ya, we will be a world wide success based on our main industry, services.... painting nails and serving pints.

As someone who travels the World for a living, (as in every time I go to Work) I don't worry at all.

Things will get a bit harder for a while. As you correctly point out, our main industries are now painting nails etc. IMHO, we can thank the EU and globalisation for that. A significant re balancing of the economy is long overdue.

Outsourcing to cheaper countries and selling your goods to the UK has a wider implication for our society and country in general, rather than from a narrow consumers "I paid 5p more for xyz...the World is ending" POV.

Tariffs are not all bad, especially if it forces global conglomerate's to contribute to this country by employing our citizens. They do business with us and make money. It's high time they put something back into our society other than the minimum tax payments when they get caught cheating.

As it was before and during the referendum, no one actually knows whether anything that happens to and in the U.K. is as a consequence of Brexit, the remainers blame any and all negatives on Brexit the brexiteers credit anything positive on Brexit!

What is certain is that the UK will continue irrespective, it is up to us all to move forward and make this country a success as a strong, influential, independent, sovereign country! For ourselves, our children, our grandchildren and all those that come after!

As it was before and during the referendum, no one actually knows whether anything that happens to and in the U.K. is as a consequence of Brexit, the remainers blame any and all negatives on Brexit the brexiteers credit anything positive on Brexit!

What is certain is that the UK will continue irrespective, it is up to us all to move forward and make this country a success as a strong, influential, independent, sovereign country! For ourselves, our children, our grandchildren and all those that come after!

Good post

Its not just that prices are rising sharply due to the fall in the value in the pound to dollar ratio, goods are getting harder to get. Something simple like tangerines have been impossible to get in my local town for weeks from English stores . The all we can get are tasteless clemtines , but the European shops like Audi still have them. tried to get a tide table from 3 different shops this morning . none had them in stock. I wanted cherry jam unable to get anywhere execpt Audi and so on.Petrol prices are skyrocketing at a time when the world price is still quite moderate because of the pound exchange rate. And to say Nick Clegg has been silent is not true. I have seen him at least 6 times on the TV news this week along with several remainers on programs like Newsnight. As for the FTSE may of the leading firms that are leading its rise work their finance in $ so a strong $ and a weak pound will boost their profit without having any difference in output from the factory.

All I can see for the future is our living standards going into free fall if the looney leavers get their way and we say goodby to the EU. Brexit is for the rich not the working man.

Edited by anser2

This is a quote from Anser2

"Its not just that prices are rising sharply due to the fall in the value in the pound to dollar ratio, goods are getting harder to get. Something simple like tangerines have been impossible to get in my local town for weeks from English stores . The all we can get are tasteless clemtines , but the European shops like Audi still have them. tried to get a tide table from 3 different shops this morning . none had them in stock. I wanted cherry jam unable to get anywhere execpt Audi and so on.Petrol prices are skyrocketing at a time when the world price is still quite moderate because of the pound exchange rate. And to say Nick Clegg has been silent is not true. I have seen him at least 6 times on the TV news this week along with several remainers on programs like Newsnight. As for the FTSE may of the leading firms that are leading its rise work their finance in $ so a strong $ and a weak pound will boost their profit without having any difference in output from the factory.

All I can see for the future is our living standards going into free fall if the looney leavers get their way and we say goodby to the EU. Brexit is for the rich not the working man".

Looney leaver here, who is your proof reader and are you going to sack him?

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

To be fair, some petty big hitters like the Chancellor and the Governor of the Bank of England were predicting very forcefully an immediate collapse in the wake of a leave vote. That has not happened which effectively discredits them. In my mind it also discredits people like Clegg and Milliband who were calling for a second vote.

I think we will be fine, the further we can get away from the sinking ship the better before it goes down

Its not just that prices are rising sharply due to the fall in the value in the pound to dollar ratio, goods are getting harder to get. Something simple like tangerines have been impossible to get in my local town for weeks from English stores . The all we can get are tasteless clemtines , but the European shops like Audi still have them. tried to get a tide table from 3 different shops this morning . none had them in stock. I wanted cherry jam unable to get anywhere execpt Audi and so on.Petrol prices are skyrocketing at a time when the world price is still quite moderate because of the pound exchange rate. And to say Nick Clegg has been silent is not true. I have seen him at least 6 times on the TV news this week along with several remainers on programs like Newsnight. As for the FTSE may of the leading firms that are leading its rise work their finance in $ so a strong $ and a weak pound will boost their profit without having any difference in output from the factory.

All I can see for the future is our living standards going into free fall if the looney leavers get their way and we say goodby to the EU. Brexit is for the rich not the working man.

Petrol has not skyrocketed at all that's simply not true. Its cheaper now than it was last year, its 111.9 at ASDA or Morrisons.

So you think you can't get cherry jam because we voted Brexit - really?

Vince, he's been trying to buy Fruit and cherry jam at a car dealership!

To be fair apparently they're the only ones who actually had it in stock!

God help us though! We should have given up our freedoms and rights to self govern for cheap Coca Cola, Cherry Jam and Tangerines! Some cracking posts on here lately 😂