So where is the remain campaign now?

Vince Green

I think even he knows he NEVER will!

I don't think he wants to, that would be his worst nightmare come true. He's Mr Negative, he can only function in opposition, and even then, very poorly.

Saw him on TV the other morning, he was wearing a hat like Lenin wore and I thought yes we can see where your coming from.

Edited by Vince Green

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will have been guffawing in the EU meeting room from which they watched the stream of her speech when she made the "threat" at the end. It was embarrassing for us all.

Oh you were present were you? Or is it more wishful thinking, supposition and guesswork?..........much like the remain camps pathetic attempts to retrieve some degree of credibility! lol!

To which "empty, and rather pathetic, threats" do you refer? Lol!

"Calamitous self-harm" etc.

The rest of europe can pretty much be as unpleasant as it wants to the UK provided the outcome is slightly better than the WTO disaster so there is no substance to her threat.

Incidentally, your use of the term "lol" in political discussion shows just how blinkered your world view is.

Edited by guest1957

They will have been guffawing in the EU meeting room from which they watched the stream of her speech when she made the "threat" at the end. It was embarrassing for us all.

It wasn't embarrassing for me. I thought she played a blinder.

There's been plenty of talk coming from Brussels over the last 7 months about punishing the UK for leaving their club, so it's nice to finally see a British PM with the balls to push back a little.

+1

It's taken 7 months to hear it but it may well be worth the wait. A velvet glove covering a steel gauntlet.

I see it hasn't gone down well with Tim Farron who is now bleating on about the theft of democracy. Demanding now that once a deal is reached there should be a referendum on it. The man is a complete joke.

Just waiting to hear from "Wee Jimmy Krankie" now. Should be good for a laugh.

It was. She cannot grasp that they have had a referendum and lost and would lose again. Total dimwit.

I reckon that Theresa May has played a blinder. She has made it clear that if the EU want to continue exporting twice as much to the UK as the UK sends the other way it is not in their interests to obstruct free trade. Ball firmly in their court.

The pound soared as soon as she finished her speech, there is your answer.

The pound gained a small amount, according to analysts as a result of the promise to put the deal to both houses. Incidentally, the FTSE 100 which you have previously held up as showing our post-vote prosperity suffered its largest one day fall since June.

Are the remainers hoping for a recession so they can say "told you so"?

Spot on digger, the remainers such as guest1957 would rather see the financial ruin of the UK and our exit from the EU end up as a disaster, so they can say told you so!

guest1957 you accuse me of being blinkered? Rather that than your world, which appears to embrace treason! If it helps prove you right!

The pound gained a small amount, according to analysts as a result of the promise to put the deal to both houses. Incidentally, the FTSE 100 which you have previously held up as showing our post-vote prosperity suffered its largest one day fall since June.

Yes the FTSE fell on two lots of company news not related to the speech, a big company merger and the RR bribes fines. It still closed at 7220

The pound closed 2.5% up on the day, a small amount? I don't think so

Edited by Vince Green

Yes the FTSE fell on two lots of company news not related to the speech, a big company merger and the RR bribes fines. It still closed at 7220

But RR is is up nearly 7%?!

The pound closed 2.5% up on the day, a small amount? I don't think so

It looks bigger as a result of how far it fell. In cents it isn't that great.

Actually, biggest one day fall on FTSE since June was Dec 12th.

post-67947-0-28025900-1484682173_thumb.jpg

sounds like you are saying the court case is just a minor technicality...........hmmm, not so sure.

The court case is not a technicality but, the Law Lords are only human despite their detatchment from normal matters. They will be aware of the way the wind blows and nobody wants to be reviled on the front pages of every National newspaper for a week or more.

The more pace that Brexit builds up the less likely the Law Lords are to want to go against it.

sounds like you are saying the court case is just a minor technicality...........hmmm, not so sure.

It's become pretty much an irrelevance since the commons vote in early December, Another clever move by Mrs May to wrong foot the snowflakes and the court case is pretty much a waste of time and money for those who brought it. Such a shame :rolleyes:

This is from The Gua***an... so you might want to bleach your eyes afterwards.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/dec/07/keir-starmer-calls-for-detailed-brexit-plan-after-mps-vote-to-trigger-article-50

The court case, if successful, will simply require Parliament to vote on the triggering of Article 50. May will put forward a single line Bill and most likely it will go through the Commons. Yes the SNP and the Lib Dems may vote against the motion but other than a few rebels the government and opposition MPs will toe the party line and vote to pass it. To do otherwise is political suicide.

The Lords could potentially block it but there are two significant problems if they take that route.

Firstly there is a convention (I forget the appropriate term/name) that the Lords will not block any Bill that relates to something set down in a party manifesto. Whilst the triggering of Article 50 is not in the Con. party manifesto, the referendum was, so essentially it amounts to the same thing.

Secondly, does the Lords wish to cause a storm which could see them removed from their unelected political office? Going against the referendum result could cause a public backlash the likes of which has never before been seen on this sceptered isle. Even then, they can only block it for a year (Parliamentary Act of 1949), after that delay it would be pushed through regardless.