Slightly misshapen striker holes, Miroku

Wingman

Hi all, some thoughts please.

A friend of mine has just purchased a SH Miroku Mk38 from a dealer with 6 months warranty. The gun looks absolutely mint to me apart from one thing and that is the striker holes seem ever so slightly misshapen in other words they don't look perfectly round. It's quite slight and the rest of the gun looks like it's seen little use but it seemed a little odd for such a mint gun. Never having owned a Miroku I don't know if this is common so would appreciate your views. It's his first gun and we put a good 100 carts through it yesterday with no problems in fact I shot it really well!!

Cheers all

Edited by Wingman

A friend of mine has just purchased a SH Miroku Mk38 from a dealer with 6 months warranty.

so would appreciate your views.

It's his first gun and we put a good 100 carts through it yesterday with no problems in fact I shot it really well!!

The word S/h is relevant. It isn’t new and probably every gun on a dealer’s shelf is much the same. Guns will shoot tens or even hundreds of thousands of rounds and be over a hundred years old and still function as the day that they were made. If you take that back into any dealer you will just look like a complete novice clod. If it really bothers him a dealer might give him his money back and he can go and buy something else with random wear or manufacturing tolerances. If it goes bang and the targets fall down, use it and enjoy it.

Some idiot has been firing it without snap caps or cartridges in the breach - normally the cap would stop the firing pin coming into contact with the holes. Also there is normally no return spring on the lower pin and this alone can cause the pin to be "dragged" a little by the cartridge as the gun is opened.

Cheers I'll pass on that info. Lovely gun still though I just hope it doesn't let him down. Might recommend a visit to a local friendly gunsmith to get it sorted

No point until the bottom barrel fails to fire as the pin heads pit. Shoot it till it gets some light strikes then take it to smith sorta new pin or have it reground. Happens to them all eventually.