Sturgeon again

Gunman

So little Nikki is moaning on again abut a second independence referendum .I for one would welcome it . Look back at the results of the original vote for a Scottish assembly you will see that on a low turn out taking into account those Scots who did not bother to vote plus those that voted no only about 20% of the population voted for a Scottish Assembly . O n this basis 80& of Scots did not vote for it so the question is does MS Surgeon actually a mandate from the people of Scotland to speak for them ?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Empty vessels make the most noise", she has no other way to keep herself on the TV, or in the newspapers.

^

This!

I don't believe she can hold yet another Scottish regional "once in a generation independence referendum" without permission from the UK government?

Not buffing? Yea! Right!

It is both frustrating and depressing that the rhetoric of the likes of Sturgeon and Salmond have come to define so much of the narrative of people talking about Scotland.

My own feeling is that we have reached peak SNP and we will now start to see a gradual decline of support for the party. The forthcoming council elections will be interesting.

The talk of Sturgeon deciding to suspend a 2nd independence referendum if there is a soft Brexit is really a climb down as despite the forceful language of the nat's since the Brexit vote there is no measurable uptick in support for Scottish independence. Many of the SNP strategists are now recognising that their hardline approach is counter productive.

I did also see some recent figures, although i an not sure of the veracity of those, that the largest vote share for Brexit in Scotland was by those identifying themselves as SNP voters.

It is both frustrating and depressing that the rhetoric of the likes of Sturgeon and Salmond have come to define so much of the narrative of people talking about Scotland.

My own feeling is that we have reached peak SNP and we will now start to see a gradual decline of support for the party. The forthcoming council elections will be interesting.

The talk of Sturgeon deciding to suspend a 2nd independence referendum if there is a soft Brexit is really a climb down as despite the forceful language of the nat's since the Brexit vote there is no measurable uptick in support for Scottish independence. Many of the SNP strategists are now recognising that their hardline approach is counter productive.

I did also see some recent figures, although i an not sure of the veracity of those, that the largest vote share for Brexit in Scotland was by those identifying themselves as SNP voters.

The SNP don't define Scotland for me............the people of Scotland had the good sense to reject Scottish nationalism and vote to remain in the union, but I can't understand how those same sensible people can again vote to keep the loony SNP in power? Scottish independence under the SNP would, I believe, be an unmitigated disaster for the people of Scotland!

And if we took the rabid English haters whipped into a frenzy by the SNP with the prospect of a Scotland independent from "the auld enemy" out of the equation............there would probably not be enough yes voters left to get the SNP elected onto a ping pong club committee! Lol!

I think we should tell her in no uncertain terms that if Scotland want independence then it come at a price. That price being their share of the national debt and nothing else. See if she still wants independence then. Which their share is roughly £149,400,000,000.

+1 and no further subsidy thereafter!

"Empty vessels make the most noise", she has no other way to keep herself on the TV, or in the newspapers.

Therein lies the truth. Every couple of weeks she makes some pathetic point, which raises her profile. What she spouts is drivel - most people ought to know that already - but it keeps her in the news.

would someone be able to explain to her, and that other intellectual, that Scotland tried a bit of empire building once, to emulate the English, for whatever reason, it dident work out and it weakened Scotland, at the time, minds far greater than theirs, got together and suggested a beneficial union. This union is the worlds longest and most successful, and is actually perfect in so many ways. Why do these divisive people keep talking about independence, they already have it within the union, its why they joined it. She should stop this nonsense, she is misleading impressionable people, and its a one way street to poverty.

Devolution was a very silly idea, its opened a can of worms, whats so bad about being governed from London, I mean it wasn't so long back 50 percent of parliament were scots.

Their mindset was on offer for all to see, when the referendum was decided to be held on the anniversary of the battle of bannockburn.

Edited by wandringstar

It surprises me, given the strong support for Brexit, that the PW rabble ( :) ) are not strongly supporting and encouraging Scotland to do the same with the Union.

Long may they stay part of it is my view. Strangely enough many of the great 'British' ideas inventions and strengths come from the Scot's.

It surprises me, given the strong support for Brexit, that the PW rabble ( :) ) are not strongly supporting and encouraging Scotland to do the same with the Union.

Long may they stay part of it is my view. Strangely enough many of the great 'British' ideas inventions and strengths come from the Scot's.

They're free to go if they so wish, it's hypocritical to say otherwise.

BUT they voted to stay, unlike Brexit where we voted to leave.

Sturgeon is a horrible vile little golem of a woman out to serve herself, can't stand her!

because the 350 year history of like minded people, together, in a union has proved its undoubted merit, whereas 40 years of being dictated to by unelected millionaire commies, leaves us cold.

Scotland was told, if we brexit we will do another independence ref.. results in Scotland of the eu in out was a huge in.

Regardless what the result was in scotland itself, stop in/out........Scotland voted as part of the Union for brexit,....the quicker the Crankie Cretin understands that the better.

If they'd voted to leave at their referendum I'd have wished them good luck. But, knowing there would be a referendum on EU membership, they chose to stay. Personally I think they're better off staying part of the union.

What baffles me the most is Sturgeon and co screaming they want independence from Westminster but also desiring to fall under the control of Brussels. Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire.