Sturgeon again

Gunman

Did the same not happen during the Brexit campaign when Farage said that money that went to the EU would be used for the NHS (remember the bus?) .

A lot of ignorant stupid folk fell for that huge lie as well.

Unless I am wrong? If the UK were not paying the money we were compelled to pay into the EU, that money would stay in the U.K. And be available for use in the UK...............so if not the NHS? what do you reckon it will be used for?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No,that was the Scottish independence referendum.

Whoops wrong again, last sentence says it all..."It is the same in the UK, America and much of the rest of Europe. The little people have had enough. They want change.”

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/719708/Nigel-Farage-predicts-shock-US-establishment-Brexit-influence

Did the same not happen during the Brexit campaign when Farage said tha5t money that went to the EU would be used for the NHS (remember the bus?) .

Unless I am wrong? If the UK were not paying the money we were compelled to pay into the EU, that money would stay in the U.K. And be available for use in the UK...............so if not the NHS? what do you reckon it will be used for?

How about some decent infrastructure?

Did the same not happen during the Brexit campaign when Farage said that money that went to the EU would be used for the NHS (remember the bus?) .

I remember the bus... here's a picture of it.

brexit-bus-nhs-620x349.jpg

As far as I can see there are two very clear statements on it.

1) We send the EU £350 million a week.

2) Let's fund our NHS instead.

Nowhere does it say let's use ALL £350m EVERY week to pay for the NHS.

Indeed the £350m a week equates to just £18.2 billion a year, a small percentage of the NHS budget of £120 billion. However, there is a 'black hole' in NHS funding which is often talked about, and that is currently £4.4 billion per annum, over the next five years. So, yes, we could easily fund the NHS by covering the shortfall and still have nigh on £14 billion left.

There were no lies on the bus, and quite frankly the only ignorant, stupid people who read it wrong seemed to belong firmly in the remain camp!

Indeed the £350m a week equates to just £18.2 billion a year, a small percentage of the NHS budget of £120 billion. However, there is a 'black hole' in NHS funding which is often talked about, and that is currently £4.4 billion per annum, over the next five years. So, yes, we could easily fund the NHS by covering the shortfall and still have nigh on £14 billion left.

There were no lies on the bus, and quite frankly the only ignorant, stupid people who read it wrong seemed to belong firmly in the remain camp!

+1

+1 I know we get some of that back in a rebate but no half intelligent person thought for a second that all £350m would actually go to the NHS, it was a statment to show just what we paid in to Europe, not the best idea maybe but as mentioned earlier nothing to do with Farage. I'd also like to point out the slight bending of the truth on the side of the bus which reads £350m (actually slightly less due to our rebate) pales into insignificance in comparison to the remoaners lies of apocalypse after brexit and as for the leaflet that cost more than the entire leave budget sent to every house showing a one sided argument, what's the old saying, 'never let the truth get in the way of a good story'. I look forwards to brexit the world will keep on spinning and the remoaners will keep on whingeing

Thanks for showing us that. The bus and its message is often mis-quoted by the remain side and is in danger of becoming an urban myth

Predictive text, and I am a Scot, second generation admittedly. And despite your protestations I do still think a lot of people north of the border are very unworldly, in particular the ones I am related to

Perhaps the unworldliness is genetic, then!

Only joking!

I think you maybe need to spend more time north of the border talking to people, though. I live north of the border and I have to say that my impression is that the majority of people are anything but unworldly - particularly the young people. They're much more politically aware than they've been since the sixties and seventies.

So just to clarify, you are claiming that...........Orkney and Shetland voted to remain in the Union despite the "constant reminders" that a "vote for independence would mean automatic exclusion from the EU"?

That being the case we must then conclude that the reported majority of the rest of Scotland voted to for independence......even though it would "mean automatic exclusion from the EU?" Is that correct?

If so it appears that the majority of Scotland was prepared to leave the Union and understood this would mean exclusion from the EU, but according to Ms Sturgeon, Scotland is not prepared to stay in the Union and leave the EU?

Interesting!

No. The reminders that a vote for independence would mean exclusion from the EU was a factor in Orkney's and Shetland's "no" vote. Both areas benefit from EU membership.

"The official leave champagne?" ???? :lol:

I refer the honourable gentleman to my earlier comment:

Yeah ok, that's auto correct for you...how about retracting your allegation re the bus advert.

The only drivel I have read so far comes from the re-moan camp...you for the avoidance of doubt.

Do try to keep up. :oops:

Edited by achosenman

Just injecting a bit of levity, but if you're weary of people having a bit of fun at the expense of your offering, may I suggest you take the simple precaution of reading what you've posted and then editing out the bloomers?

Yep likewise...seems the levity bit seems to have passed you by.

As for reading what I wrote, yes I missed the autocorrect mistake. I knew what I typed, but it got changed. There's a whole bunch of howlers on YT comprised entirely of autocorrect intervention's.

I suppose there's only one thing for it...handbag's at dawn... :lol:

BTW, do you mean Bloopers?? ;)

Edited by achosenman

Yep likewise...seems the levity bit seems to have passed you by.

As for reading what I wrote, yes I missed the autocorrect mistake. I knew what I typed, but it got changed. There's a whole bunch of howlers on YT comprised entirely of autocorrect intervention's.

I suppose there's only one thing for it...handbag's at dawn... :lol:

BTW, do you mean Bloopers?? ;)

Handbags it is then! But I warn you, I will be equipped and armed by my wife who has far, far more handbags than Putin has nukes.....

Not sure which of the two spent more money on their arsenal, either - I'm sure there's at least the value of a modest Holland & Holland in her wardrobe.

All the best!